The Manager Log is an internal communications tool that allows a User to add Tasks, Events, Messages, Staffing Notes, and Log Entries. This module works in conjunction with the Employee Data Module (EDM), the Event Management Module, and the Labor Scheduling Module.
Each page of the Manager Log represents a day, and any information on that page relates to that particular date.
The Manager Log Module can be accessed by clicking on 'Manager Log' from the 'Modules' navigation menu
1) Day and Date - Day of the week and date of the Manager Log being displayed on the page
2) Location - Location of the Manager Log being displayed
3) Previous / Next Day - A User can flip through days by selecting the double arrows at the top sides or bottom sides of each page.
- The arrows on the left side of the page will display the previous day
- The arrows on the right side of the page will display the next day
4) Calendar - Highlights the date of the currently-displayed Manager Log in blue. Select a date from the calendar to view the Manager Log for that date.
5) Viewed Status - List of Users who have access to the Manager Log, with an indication of if they have viewed that Manager Log
- - The User has not viewed the Manager Log for the displayed day
- - The User has viewed the Manager Log for the displayed day
- Note: Enabling the 'Enable 'I Viewed the Log' button?' Manager Log setting will require Users to indicate that they viewed the Manager Log for a particular date by selecting 'I Viewed the Log'. Otherwise, the button will be hidden and Radar will automatically note that the User viewed the log when they navigate to the Manager Log page.
With 'I Viewed the Log' enabled, the following icons will displayed
- - The User has not clicked the 'I Viewed the Log' button for the displayed day
- - The User has clicked the 'I Viewed the Log' button for the displayed day
6) Show - Refreshes the Manager Log and displays the Manager Log for the date entered in the 'Date' box (#1)
7) Today - Refreshes the Manager Log and displays today's Manager Log
8) Print - Click to print the displayed Manager Log
9) Search - Opens the Manager Log Search page
10) Phone List - Opens a list of Employees and displays their phone numbers.
- Note: Only phone numbers provided from the POS data are displayed.
11) Configure On - Click to display the configuration buttons for each of the Manager Log's sections. Clicking the configuration buttons will open the corresponding configuration pages.
- Note: Only Superadmin can configure the Manager Log
12) Weather - Displays the day's weather for the zip code of the Location associated with the Manager Log that is currently displayed.
- Note: The 'Weather Zip Code' for the Location is configurable on the Locations page.
13) Detail Calendar - Opens a detailed full-year calendar view
14) Sales Figures - Lists Sales and Labor information for the day.
- Note: The metrics included in the Sales Figures list can be configured per Location.
15) Posted Schedules - If Labor Scheduling is enabled, this section provides Users with a link that takes them directly to next week's schedules.
16) Tip of the Day - Radar displays global tips that will automatically populate this section. Company-specific tips of the day can also be configured.
17) Checklist button - Opens the Daily Checklist page
- The 'Checklist' page contains checklists of daily tasks. Unlike Tasks, all Checklists are refreshed every day and are expected to be completed daily. Learn more about completing Checklists here.
Manager Log Sections
The Manager Log includes the following sections for recording important information for the day:
The 'Tasks' section allows a User to create a Task for themselves or for other Manager Log Users. Learn more about creating and completing Manager Log Tasks here.
The 'Events' section allows a User to create a single- or multi-day event within the Manager Log module. The 'Events' section works in conjunction with the Event Management, Employee Data (EDM), and Labor Scheduling modules. Most federal holidays are automatically created by default. Learn more about creating Manager Log Events here.
The 'Messages' section allows a User to create and respond to basic messages for Manager Log Users. A message will only show on the Manager Log for the day on which it was created. Learn more about creating and replying to Manager Log Messages here.
The 'Staffing' section allows a User to record any desired staffing notes. Staffing notes can be used to track both good and poor employee performance. Learn more about creating staffing notes here.
Log Entries Section
The 'Log Entries' section allows a User to enter date-specific notes. Log Entries can be entered as stand-alone notes or connected to existing Manager Log Tasks. Learn more about creating Log Entries here.
Many of the Manager Log sections provide an option to upload files.
The following file types can be uploaded: doc, docx, zip, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx, gif, jpg, jpeg, png, rtf, txt, and pdf. There is a 10 MB limit to each file and a total limit of 3 GB for all documents across the entire database.
Basic details for the files uploaded to the Manager Log can also be viewed in the Key Info File Manager. The uploaded files are stored in the 'OML Files' folder. If needed, uploaded files can be downloaded from the File Manager.
- Note: Files cannot be deleted from the File Manager and can only be deleted individually from the Manager Log that they are associated with.
Manager Log Configuration
The following areas of the Manager Log can be configured by Superadmins:
- Sales Figures
- Task/Log Entry Types
- Staffing Types
- Event Types
- Employee Reminders
- Incident Notifications
- Tip of the Day
- Manager Log Settings
All of these configurations can be accessed from the 'Setup' and 'Settings' menus in the navigation ribbon
These configurations can be accessed from the main Manger Log page when 'Configure On' is toggled. Clicking the 'Config' buttons associated with each Manager Log section will open the appropriate configuration page.