The Manage GL Sales Rules page allows you to view and edit the manner in which your categories are mapped to GL Codes. These categories are pulled directly from your POS, which are associated with a specific sale type (Sales, Comp, Guests, etc.).
Each association between a category and a GL Code is contained within a single GL sales rule. Access to this page should be strictly limited since any GL Sales rule discrepancies will prevent locations from posting. Individuals with the “Manage GL Sales Rules” permission will have full access to this page.
Mapping a GL Code to a specific GL Sales rule can be accomplished using the GL Sales Rules table. In the green area at the top of the page, you can select which GL Sales rules to display in the table. At the far left side of the green area, select whether to search by Sale Type or by GL Code.
Depending on whether you selected Sale Type or GL Code, either a ‘Sale Type’ field or a ‘GL Code’ drop-down field will appear in the middle of the green area. Select a Sale Type or a GL Code in this drop-down field.
- Expand All Rules: If you select this option, the table will display all categories for each GL Sales rule as well as associated revenue centers, dayparts, order modes, and locations.
- Note: If you are searching by Sale Type, you may view all GL Sales rules by selecting “All”. If you are searching by GL Code, however, you must select a specific GL Code; there is no “All” option.
The GL Sales Rules Table
The GL Sales Rules table displays the following information for each rule: Rule Number, Sale Type, Revenue Center, Daypart, Order Mode, Locations, Rule Type, and GL code(s).
- ‘View Document’ Icon - If you would like to view the associated categories for a single GL Sales rule, select the view document icon for the desired rule. Upon selection, the GL Sales rule will be highlighted yellow, and all associated categories, revenue centers, dayparts, order modes, and locations will be displayed.
- ‘Finger’ Icon - Selecting the finger icon for a GL Sales rule will cause all GL Sales rules with the same categories to be displayed.
- Edit - Selecting the pencil icon will navigate you to the GL Sales Rule Detail page. For more information on editing or setting up a GL Sales rule, see the GL Sales Rule Detail page.
- Copy - Selecting the copy icon allows you to quickly make a new GL Sales rule by copying the information from another rule. For example, you can use this option if you want the same categories mapped to the same GL Code but with a different daypart or location.
- Delete - Select the red x icon to delete a GL Sales rule. Upon selection, a confirmation window will appear where you can confirm or cancel the deletion.
- NEW GL SALES RULES - To create a new GL sales rule mapping, select NEW GL SALES RULE. Upon selection, you will be automatically navigated to the GL Sales Rule Detail page.
- VERIFY RULES -If you select VERIFY RULES, RADAR will scan your rules to make sure there are no issues with your GL Sales rule mappings. Some of the issues that can occur include:
- A missing subcomponent (category)
- No GL Sales rules created for a specific sales type
- Missing locations
- ARCHIVE RULES - If you select ARCHIVE RULES, all your GL Sales rules will be saved and archived. This allows rules to be recovered in the event that changes are made to rules incorrectly.
- RESTORE RULES - Select RESTROE RULES to recover a saved archive. Upon selection, the ‘Restore Rules’ window will appear.
- Restore Point - Select an archived date/time to restore.
- RESTORE - Select RESTORE to restore the rule mappings to the selected restore point. Upon selection, a confirmation window will appear where you confirm or cancel the restore.
- CANCEL - Select CANCEL to cancel the restoration and close the “Restore Rules” window.
- AUTO POST DAYS - After you have mapped and verified that there are no errors with your GL Sales rules, you can auto post by selecting AUTO POST DAYS. Upon selection, the ‘Auto Post Days’ window will appear. Note: This action is only available to those individuals with the “Can Auto Post Days” user permission.
- Location Group - Select the location for which you would like to post your GL sales mappings.
- Start/End Date - Select your start and end date by either typing the desired dates into the fields or by selecting the calendar icons and navigating to the desired days. Note: You are only able to post back seven days.
- Notification Email - Enter the email address to which you would like an auto post notification sent. An initial notification will be emailed when the auto post begins. Once the auto post is complete, a second notification will be emailed.
- SEND/CANCEL - Select SEND to start the auto post and send the initial auto post notification. Select CANCEL to cancel the auto post.
- COPY TO GC’S COMPED - If you select “Comps” in the ‘Sale Type’ drop-down field, you have the option to copy the GL Sales rules to the GC Comps sale type for easy editing. Upon selection, a confirmation window will appear where you can confirm or cancel the copy.
- COPY TO GC’S PROMOED - If you select “Promos” in the ‘Sale Type’ drop-down field, you have the option to copy the GL sales rules to the GC Promos sale type for easy editing. Upon selection, a confirmation window will appear where you can confirm or cancel the copy.
You can re-sort the GL Sales Rules table by clicking on any of the underlined column headers. Click once to sort in ascending order. Click again to sort in descending order