This feature is part of the Manage GL Rules page
Archiving Rules saves the current Rule configuration as a Rule Set that can be restored at a later date. Since GL Sales cannot post if Rules are broken, it is strongly recommended to always archive Rules before making any changes.
Follow these steps to archive the current Rule configuration:
- Click the 'Archive Rules' button
- Enter Notes that will help differentiate the Rule Set from other archived Rule Sets.
- Click 'Ok' to archive, or 'Cancel' to close without archiving
If the pencil icon associated with a Rule or the 'New GL Sales Rule' button are pressed, Radar will display a reminder prompt to archive Rules.
Important Note: It is strongly recommended to always archive the current Rules before making changes. Even if the current rules are broken, it is recommended to create an archive. If additional mistakes are made while adjusting the Rules, the archived Rule Set will provide a restore point to start over from.
- Enter Notes that will help differentiate the Rule Set from other archived Rule Sets
- Click 'Yes' to archive the Rules, 'No' to make changes without archiving, or 'Cancel' to close without archiving