The Payroll Validation page allows you to view one or more Location's payroll validation status for a selected pay period. Additionally, this page allows you to validate and certify your payroll numbers.
Viewing Payroll Validation Status
- Location Group - Select the Location or Location Group for which to view the payroll validation status or to validate/certify payroll
- Pay Period - Select the desired pay period for which you would like to view the payroll validation status and/or validate/certify your payroll
- Status- Select the payroll status for which the selected Locations will be displayed in the Validate Payroll by Location table. The available options include:
- All - If this status is selected, all payroll validation statuses will be displayed. This is the default selection
- Not Validated - If this status option is selected, only the Locations that have not be validated for the selected pay period will be displayed
- Failed - If this status option is selected, only the Locations which have been validated did not pass validation will be displayed
- Not Successful - If this option is selected, Locations that have a payroll status of 'Not Validated' and 'Failed' will be displayed in the Validate Payroll by Location table
- Overridden - If this validation status option is selected, Locations that failed validation but had the validation overridden will be displayed
- Passed - If this status is selected, all Locations that have passed validation with no issues will be displayed
- Not Certified - If this option is selected, Locations that do not have a payroll status of 'Certified' will be displayed
- Certified - If this payroll validation status is selected, only the Locations that have been certified will be displayed in the Validate Payroll by Location table
Validate by Location Table
The Validate Payroll by Location table includes the following information for each Location: ID, Location name, payroll validation status, the number of passed validation rules (column denoted with a green flag icon), the number of rules that did not pass validation (column denoted by a red flag icon), and the number of rules that have not been validated (denoted by an orange flag icon).
Upon selecting 'View Rules', a pop-up window will open where the payroll validation rules associated with the corresponding Location are displayed. select 'Close' to close the pop-up window
To validate your payroll, either select 'Validate', which will validate payroll for a single Location or 'Bulk Validate', which will allow you to validate multiple Locations at once. If you would like to validate multiple Locations, select the checkboxes located directly to the right of the 'View Rules' option for each Location. Alternatively, you may select the checkbox in the Validate by Location table header, located directly to the left of the 'Bulk Validate' option, to have all Locations selected.
Upon selecting either 'Validate' or 'Bulk Validate', the 'Validation Results' pop-up window will appear and display the following information: Location, rule, and status. If a rule for a Location has passed validation, the status will display 'Passed Validation!' in green text. If a rule for a Location has not passed validation, the status will display 'Failed Validation!" in red text.
- Blue Plus Icon - This will be displayed if the rule did not pass validation. Selecting this icon will display the particular payroll issues that caused the validation to fail.
- Override - If you want to continue with your payroll validation process despite the validation features, select 'Override' for each failed validation rule. Upon selection, the status will change to include the User's name who overrode the validation.
- Note: Only Users with the 'Can perform corporate-level overrides' User Permission will be able to override rules that have a 'Corporate' override level. For more information, see the Payroll Validation Rule setup article
- Close - Select this to close the 'Validation Results' window
To certify your payroll, select either 'Certify', which will certify your payroll for a single Location, or 'Bulk Certify', which will allow you to certify multiple Locations at a time. If you would like to certify multiple Locations, select the checkbox located directly to the left of the 'Certify' option for each Location. Alternatively, you may select the checkbox in the Validate by location table header, located directly to the left of the 'Bulk Certify' option, to have all Locations that have an 'Overridden' or 'Passed' validation status.
Upon selecting either 'Certify' or 'Bulk Certify', a pop-up window will appear that will display the following four sections:
- Minimum Wage by Location - This section displays the minimum wage and tipped minimum wage per Location as entered on the Minimum Wage Manager page. The default minimum wage rate will be set at the State or Federal wage, whichever is higher. Local minimum wage rates above the State or Federal rates must be manually input and maintained
- Overtime Rules by Location - This section displays the overtime rule per Location as set up on the Locations page in the Company Configurations module
- Use Average OT Rate (Company Preference) - Directly below the Overtime Rules by Location section, this section will display if your company has set up whether or not OT is based off an average pay rate when working multiple jobs with different pay rates. For more information on this company wide setting, contact your Site Administrator
- Special Pay Rules by Location - This section displays a set special pay rates for each Location. For more information on assigning special pay rules to a Location, contact your System Administrator
- Validation Summary - This section displays the list of validation rules and the associated validation statuses. The blue plus icon will be displayed for validation rules that failed validation but were overridden. Selecting this icon will display the particular payroll issues that caused the validation to fail.
Upon reviewing all the information displayed in the pop-up window, you must agree to the legal disclaimer at the bottom of the window by selecting the checkbox and then 'Agree' to certify payroll for the selected Location(s). Alternatively, you may select 'Decline' to close the window without certifying payroll.