Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) adds an additional layer of security that prompts Users to authenticate their logins.
When MFA is enabled, all Users have the ability to opt in to MFA for their User Account. When logging in with MFA, Users will need to enter a 6-digit code provided by their linked MFA Authenticator. Users can use the Authenticator App of their choice, such as Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, or Twilio.
Users can opt out of MFA at any time.
Follow these steps to set up MFA:
1. Install an Authenticator App (such as Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, or Twilio) on your mobile device.
2. Log into Radar, then navigate to your User Profile by clicking on your username at the bottom of the left navigation menu.
3. Click 'Multifactor Authentication Setup'
4. Click 'Add MFA'
5. Using the Authenticator App on your mobile device, follow the app's instructions to 'add a new account'.
6. Connect Radar to the Authenticator App by completing one of the following options:
- Scan the QR code provided by Radar with the Authenticator App
- Manually enter the code provided by the Radar into the Authenticator App.
7. Print the setup page and store in a secure place. This page can be used in the future to set up a new personal device.
Once setup is completed, the configured MFA method will be displayed. Only one MFA method can be configured at a time.
Turn Off or Change the MFA Method
Once MFA has been set up, it can be turned off or changed by returning to your User Profile.
To turn off MFA, click 'Turn MFA Off'. This will disable MFA, and the User will no longer receive MFA prompts when logging in.
To change the MFA Method, click 'Change MFA Method'. This will disconnect the currently-configured MFA method and allow the User to set up a new one.
Resetting MFA in the User Manager
Superadmins have the ability to reset MFA for Users who are unable to log in with their current MFA method.
Follow these steps to reset MFA from the User Manager:
- Navigate to the User Manager within Company Configuration
- Find the active User who is unable to log in, then click 'Show'
- Click 'Reset MFA' at the bottom of the User Details section. This will allow the User to log in and set up their MFA method again.