A Quick Cost Alert occurs when the Base Unit for a cost entered through Quick Item Costs does not align with the Base Unit of the Inventory Item. In most cases, this occurs when uploading a Quick Item Cost from an Excel file that contains incorrect data.
- Location: Select a location to filter the Quick Cost Alerts displayed in the Quick Cost Records table.
- DELETE ALL: If you would like to delete all quick item costs that have caused an alert, select DELETE ALL. Upon selection, a confirmation window will appear that will allow you to confirm or cancel the deletion.
- The Quick Cost Records Table: The Quick Cost Records table displays the following information for each quick cost alert: Location, Quick Cost Date, Inventory Item, Unit, Base Unit Conversion From unit, To unit, and Coefficient.
- FIX: Select FIX to resolve an alert. Upon selection, you will be able to enter a conversion equation and enter any notes. Be sure to select OK to commit the change and fix the alert or CANCEL to negate any changes.
- Delete: To delete a Quick Item Cost that has an alert, select the red x icon. Upon selection, a confirmation window will appear that will allow you to confirm or cancel the deletion.
Best Practice: Confirm that the Quick Item Cost Base Unit and Inventory Item Base Unit are correct before applying a conversion.
1. Check Quick Item Cost Base Unit
2. Check Inventory Item Base Unit
3. If the above does not resolve the alert, click 'Fix' to apply a conversion