The Rankings module allows you to quickly and easily see which locations are top performers for a particular metric during a specified time period. You can rank locations based on metrics such as Net Sales, Guest Averages, Quantity of an Item Sold, and more.
- Select a single location or a location group to rank. If you select a single location, you get the top 10 results for that location during the selected time frame. If you select a location group, you get the top result for each location during the selected time frame. The ‘Quick Search’ field at the bottom allows you to manually type the location name.
- Select a date range. The area at the bottom of this section can help you identify particular date ranges quickly and easily. For example, selecting ‘Weeks’ will display a list of weeks in the lower box. When you select one of the listed options, the ‘Start Date’ and ‘End Date’ fields will automatically update to reflect your selection.
- Select other options.
- Metric - This is where you select the metric upon which you would like to rank the locations.
- Daypart or Revenue Center - This field allows you to narrow down your results to a specific part of the day or a specific area of the restaurant (i.e. “Lunch” or “Bar”).
- Period - The ‘Period’ field allows you to choose whether to summarize by [Daily/Week/Period] or by a specific day of the week. The Period selection will apply for the time frame selected in the “Choose Dates” section (Step 2).
- Type - Select from the following options: Item, Item Group, Sale Department, or Master Sale Department.
- Item - Enter an item. Once you begin typing in this field, a drop-down may appear to help you enter the item quickly.
- Order Mode - Select the order mode. For example: Dine In, Take Out, Catering, Banquet, etc. Note: Some of the fields in the “Other Options” section (Step 3) will only appear for certain metrics. For example, the ‘Type’ field and the ‘Item’ field only appear when one of the following metrics is selected: Item Quantities Sold, Item Net Sales, or Item Gross Sales.
Once your results are displayed, you may select EXPORT (located next to SHOW) to export the report to Microsoft Excel. EXPORT is not available until the rankings have been displayed. If a specific day's data is not valid for a particular metric, you may remove it from the results list by selecting the ‘Omit’ icon.
This is useful, for example, if something unusual happened on a particular day that is skewing the results. Omissions are per metric. For example, removing a day from a Net Sales ranking will not remove it from a Guest Averages ranking. Omissions are only allowed when viewing single days. If you select “Period” or “Week” in the ‘Period’ field, the Omit button will not be available in the list of results.