The Vendor Purchase Item Conversions page allows you to create a new vendor purchase item (VPI) conversion. You can also use this page to edit any of your existing VPI conversions, delete conversions, or export a list of your conversions to Microsoft Excel.
- NEW CONVERSION - Select NEW CONVERSION to create a new VPI conversion.
- Vendor Purchase Item - In this auto-fill field, enter the name of the VPI for which you would like to create a conversion.
- SELECT - Once you have entered and selected the VPI, select SELECT. This will allow you to enter a conversion equation. Fill out the text fields and add any pertinent notes.
- SAVE/CANCEL - Select SAVE to create the new conversion or CANCEL to return to the main Vendor Purchase Item Conversions page without saving the conversion.
- DELETE UNUSED - This will delete all unused VPI conversions. If you select this option, a confirmation window will appear that will give you the option to continue with the deletion or cancel the deletion.
- EXPORT - Select EXPORT to export your conversions to Microsoft Excel.
Searching for Vendor Purchase Item Conversions
- Vendor Purchase Item - To search for a conversion for a specific VPI, enter the name of the VPI into the auto-fill field. As with any other auto-fill field, selections that match your typed information will appear as you type.
- Vendor Purchase Item Name Contains - If you only know part of a VPI name, you can enter it into this field.
- Vendor - Enter the name of a vendor into this auto-fill field to search for VPI conversions for VPI’s of a specific vendor.
- Inventory Item - To search for an inventory item, enter the name of the inventory item into this auto-fill field.
- Inventory Item Name Contains - If you only know part of an inventory item name, you can enter it into this field.
- SHOW - Select SHOW to view VPI conversions that match your search criteria.
The Vendor Purchase Item Conversions Table
The Vendor Purchase Item Conversions table displays the following information for each conversion: Alerts, VPI, Code, Vendor, Inventory Item, From (Receive Unit), To (Base Unit), Conversion Equation, Notes, and History. The following actions can be performed using the Vendor Purchase Item Conversions table:
- Alert - If an alert exists for a conversion, a bell icon will appear in this column. Hover over the bell icon for an explanation of the alert.
- History - If you select an underlined number in the “History” column, you will be directly navigated to the Inventory Item Conversion History page for the selected Inventory Item.
- Edit - To edit an inventory item conversion, select the pencil icon. This will allow you to change the conversion equation or add any pertinent notes.
- Delete - To delete a conversion, select the red x icon.
USDA Conversion Suggestions: You can view USDA conversion suggestions for an inventory item by entering the name of the inventory item into the USDA Item Name auto-fill field. Select FIND to get the suggested conversion. To view the entire USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, select the corresponding link. This will navigate you to the Agricultural Research Service’s website where you can access the entire nutrient database.