The Receive Units page allows you to view and/or edit existing receive units or create a new receive unit. This page can also be used to review receive units. This is useful if a receive unit is created by a vendor via EDI. Occasionally, vendors provide bad receive units or the parsing process collects bad bits of data. The review system this page provides allows you to maintain a clean database.
Searching for a Receive Unit
- Vendor Purchase Item - To search for receive units associated with a particular vendor purchase item (VPI), enter the VPI into this auto-fill field. As with any other auto-fill field, selections that match your typed information will appear as you type.
- Conversion Unit - Enter a conversion unit into this auto-fill field to search for receive units associated with a specific conversion unit.
- Receive Unit - To search for a specific receive unit, enter a receive unit into this auto-fill field.
- Date Created - Select the date range in which the receive unit was created.
- Reviewed - Select whether to view “Reviewed”, “Not Reviewed”, or “All” receive units. “All” is selected by default.
- Rows per Page - Adjust the size of the Receive Units table by selecting how many vendors to show per page. “25” is selected by default.
- Show - Select whether to show active, deactivated, or all receive units. “Active” is selected by default.
- SHOW - Select SHOW to view all receive units that match your search criteria.
Creating a new Receive Unit
To create a new receive unit, select NEW RECEIVE UNIT at the top left corner of the page. A “New Receive Unit” window will appear where you will be able to create a new receive unit.
- Name - Enter the name of the new receive unit.
- Container Size - Enter a container size. For example, if the item is received in a 750 ml bottle, the container size would be 750.
- Conversion Unit - Select the conversion unit.li>
- Add Another - If this option is selected when you select ADD, the “New Receive Unit” window will remain open to allow you to immediately add a new receive unit.
- ADD/ CANCEL - Select ADD to create the new receive unit or CANCEL to negate the creation of a new receive unit.
The Receive Units Table
The Receive Units table displays the following information for each receive unit: the receive unit name, date created, reviewed status, container size, conversion unit, VPI’s, associated invoices, and history. Various actions can be performed using this table:
- Mark - Select MARK to mark the receive unit as “reviewed”. This is your way of approving the receive unit and confirming that it is valid.
- VPI - If you select a number in the “Vendor Purchase Items” column, you will be navigated to the Vendor Purchase Items page where you will immediately be able to see all VPI’s associated with the selected receive unit.
- Invoices - If you select the arrow icon in the invoices column, you will be automatically navigated to the Find Invoices page where you will be able to view the last 10 invoices on which the specified receive unit appeared.
- History - If you select a number in the “History” column, a pop-up window will appear that displays a history of all the changes made to the receive unit.
- Edit - Select the pencil icon to edit a receive unit. You may edit the receive unit name, container size, or conversion unit. Note that you will not be able to change the name of the receive unit if the receive unit was added via EDI. Select UPDATE to save your changes or CANCEL to cancel any changes.
- Delete - Select the red x icon to deactivate a receive unit. In order for a receive unit to be eligible for deactivation, it must not have any associated VPI’s or invoices.
MARK ALL REVIEWED
You can quickly mark all receive units as “reviewed” by selecting MARK ALL REVIEWED (located near the top left portion of the page). This option prevents you from having to individually mark each receive unit as “reviewed”. A pop-up window will allow you to confirm or cancel your selection.