The Manufacturers page allows you to view and edit manufacturers as well as create new manufactures.
Searching for a Manufacturer
- Manufacturer - Enter the manufacturer name into this auto-fill field to search for a specific manufacturer. As with any other auto-fill field, selections that match your typed information will appear as you type.
- Manufacturer Group - Enter the name of a manufacturer group into this auto-fill field to search for manufacturers associated with a specific manufacturer group.
- Rows per Page - Adjust the size of the Manufacturers table by selecting how many manufacturers to show per page.
- Manufacturer Name Contains - Type a keyword in the corresponding text field for which you would like to view a manufacturer.
- Show - Select whether to show active, deactivated, or all manufacturers. “Active” is selected by default.
- SHOW - Select SHOW to view all manufacturers that match you search criteria.
Creating a New Manufacturer
To create a new manufacturer, select NEW MANUFACTURER. A “New Manufacturer” window will appear where you will be able to create a new manufacturer.
- Manufacturer Name - Enter the name of the new manufacturer.
- Manufacturer Code - Enter a code to associate with the new manufacturer.
- Manufacturer Group - Enter a manufacturer group you would like the new manufacturer to be associated with. If you would like to create a new manufacturer group, select NEW and enter the desired group name.
- Add Another? - If you select this option, a blank “New Manufacturer” window will open immediately after you select SAVE.
- SAVE / CANCEL - Select SAVE to save the new manufacturer. Select CANCEL to cancel the creation of a new manufacturer and return to the main Manufacturers page.
The Manufacturers Table
The Manufacturers table displays the following information for each manufacturer: code, manufacturer group, and associated VPI’s. A few actions can be performed with the Manufacturers table:
- Edit - To edit a manufacturer, select the pencil icon. This will allow you to edit the manufacturer name, code, or manufacturer group.
- Manufacturer Group - To associate a manufacturer with a different manufacturer group, enter the name of the group into this auto-fill field. Select NEW to create a new manufacturer group with which to associate the manufacturer.
- UPDATE/CANCEL - Once you’ve edited a manufacturer, select UPDATE to save your changes. If you would like to cancel your changes, select CANCEL.
- Vendor Purchase Items - If you select an underlined number in this column, you will be navigated to the Vendor Purchase Items page where you will immediately be able to see all VPI’s associated with the selected manufacturer.
- Deactivate - To deactivate a manufacturer, select the red x icon. Note that you will not be able to deactivate any manufacturers with associated VPI’s.