The Invoice Batch Details page displays a list of invoices that comprise a particular invoice batch. This page allows you to view an invoice, review an invoice, or create a new invoice to add to the invoice batch.
- Posting Date - Change the invoice batch posting date by either typing the desired date into the field or by selecting the calendar icon and navigating to the desired day.
- Notes - Enter any pertinent notes for the invoice batch.
- Ask a question about this Batch - This link is available if you have this option selected on the AP Settings page. Selecting this link will cause a new window to appear where you will be able to ask a question via email. Default email recipients can be set up on the AP Setting page. Select SEND to send an email or BACK to be directed back to the Invoice Batch Details page.
- SAVE BATCH - Select SAVE BATCH to save any changes made to the batch.
- PRINT BATCH - Selecting PRINT BATCH will open a window displaying the Batch Summary Report, the Invoice Summary report, or the Invoice Detail Report. The ‘Print Batch Button Report Detail Level’ setting on the AP Settings page determines which report is displayed
- BACK TO BATCH LIST - Select BACK TO BATCH LIST to be automatically navigated back to the Invoice Batches page.
The Invoices Table
The Invoices table displays information for each invoice in the batch. There are a number of different actions that can be performed on an invoice in this table:
- Invoice Number - Selecting an underlined invoice number on the table will navigate you directly to the Invoice Details page for that particular invoice.
- Delete - Select the red x icon next to an invoice to delete the invoice from the batch.
- MOVE CHECKED - To move multiple invoices to a different invoice batch, select the check boxes (in the far left column) for each invoice you wish to move and select MOVE CHECKED. You can also move individual invoices by selecting the green arrow next to the invoice you wish to move. After selection, a new window will appear that will allow you to search for and select the batch to which you would like to move your invoice(s).
- Location Group - Select the location or location group of the invoice batch for which you are searching.
- Start / End Date - Enter the date range in which the desired batch falls.
- Keyword - Enter a keyword by which to filter.
- FIND - Select FIND to search for the desired invoice batch. After selection, all invoice batches that match your filters will appear in a table. Select MOVE HERE to move the invoice(s) to the desired invoice batch.
- CANCEL - Select CANCEL to return to the Invoice Batch Details page.
- MARK CHECKED AS REVIEWED - To mark multiple invoices as “reviewed,” select the check boxes (in the far left column) for each invoice you want to mark as “reviewed” and select MARK CHECKED AS REVIEWED. You can mark a single invoice as reviewed by selecting MARK in the “Reviewed?” column for the corresponding invoice. After selection, your username will appear under the ‘Reviewed?’ column to indicate that you reviewed the invoice.
The GL Code Totals Table
A GL Code Totals is displayed at the bottom of the Invoice Batch Details page. This table shows the total dollar amount for each GL code in the invoice batch.
Creating a New Invoice
Selecting NEW Invoice will open a new window where you can create a new invoice to add to the invoice batch.
- Vendor - Enter a vendor name into this auto-fill field. As with any other auto-fill field, selections that match your typed information will appear as you type. This information is populated through the Vendor List page. If the invoice is from a new vendor, you must first set up the vendor’s information on the Vendor List page before you create a new invoice.
- Invoice Number - Enter the invoice number into the corresponding text box to create a new invoice. If an invoice with that number from the same vendor already exists, a red message stating “Duplicate Invoice(s) Found” will appear on the on the right side of the New Invoice window. A green “OK” indicator will appear on the right side of the window if the entered invoice number is valid.
- Invoice Date - Enter an invoice date by either typing the desired date into the field or by selecting the calendar icon and navigating to the desired date.
- Due Date - Select the due date. This field will default to “This Vendor’s Terms”. The default terms are created as part of the Vendor setup.
- Spread GL Amount Over - Select the period of time over which to spread out the GL amount.
- Custom Date Range - If you select Custom Date Range, you will be able to identify a Spread Start Date and a Spread End Date.
- Invoice Amount - Enter the invoice total. Note: You can enter a negative number for returns and/or credits.
- Notes - Enter any pertinent notes for the new invoice.
- Link to PO - This option allows you to select a purchase order to link to the new invoice. This option is only available if ‘Show Link to PO on Invoices’ is selected under AP Settings.
- Copy PO Items - Select whether or not to copy purchase order items for the new invoice.
- SAVE - In order to save the new invoice you have three options.
- SAVE AND VIEW - This option allows you to save the invoice and immediately view its details.
- SAVE AND BACK - This option saves the invoice and navigates you back to the Invoice Batch Details page.
- SAVE AND VIEW - This option saves the invoice and opens a blank New Invoice window which allows you to immediately create a new invoice.
- CANCEL - Select CANCEL to cancel the new invoice and navigate back to the main Invoice Batch Details page.
You can manually select all visible invoice batches by selecting the box in the column heading. This is useful when moving or reviewing multiple invoice batches.
You can re-sort the Invoices table and the GL Code Totals table by clicking on any of the column headers. Click once to sort in ascending order. Click again to sort in descending order.
An icon displays in the “Status” column for each invoice.
- Green Checkmark - Indicates that the status of the invoice is good.
- Yellow Exclamation Mark - Indicates that the invoice is a duplicate.
- Red Exclamation Mark - Indicates that there is a problem with the invoice amount or the vendor.