Inventory Item Conversion The Inventory Item Conversions page allows you to create a new inventory item conversion. You can also use this page to edit any of your existing inventory item conversions, delete conversions, or export a list of your conversions to a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- New Conversion - Select NEW CONVERSION to create a new inventory item conversion.
- Inventory Item - In this auto-fill field, enter the name of the inventory item for which you would like to create a conversion.
- SELECT - Once you have entered and selected the inventory item, select SELECT. This will allow you to enter a conversion equation. Fill out the text fields and add any pertinent notes.
- SAVE/CANCEL - Select SAVE to create the new conversion or CANCEL to return to the main Inventory Item Conversion page without saving the conversion.
- Delete Unused - This will delete all unused inventory item conversions. If you select this option, a confirmation window will appear that will give you the option to continue with the deletion or cancel the deletion.
- EXPORT - Select EXPORT to export your conversions to Microsoft Excel.
- Inventory Item - To search for an Inventory Item, enter the name of an inventory item into this auto-fill field. As with any other auto-fill field, selections that match your typed information will appear as you type.
- SHOW - Select SHOW to view your result.
The Conversions Table
The Conversions table displays the following information for each conversion: Alerts, Recipe Status, Inventory Item, Code, From Unit, To Unit, Conversion Equation, Notes, and History. The following actions can be performed using the Conversions table.
- Alert - If an alert exists for a conversion, a bell icon will appear in this column. Hover over the bell icon for an explanation of the alert.
- Recipe - If the conversion is being used in a recipe, the Recipes module icon will appear in this column. You may select the icon to navigate to the corresponding recipe.
- History - If you select an underlined number in the “History” column, you will be directly navigated to the Inventory Item Conversion History page for the selected Inventory Item.
- Edit - To edit an inventory item conversion, select the pencil icon. This will allow you to change the conversion equation or add any pertinent notes.
- UPDATE/CANCEL - Select UPDATE to commit a change or CANCEL to cancel a change.
Delete: To delete a conversion, select the red x icon.
USDA Conversion Suggestions: You can view USDA conversion suggestions for an inventory item by entering the name of the inventory item into the USDA Item Name auto-fill field. Select FIND to get the suggested conversion.
To view the entire USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, select the corresponding link. This will navigate you to the Agricultural Research Service’s website where you can access the entire nutrient database.