Use the Purchase Order Template Details page to view and edit purchase order templates.
The Purchase Order Template Details table displays a list of vendor purchase items (VPI’s) and receive units. The following page options are available:
- EDIT - Select EDIT to make further changes to the selected Purchase Order Template.
- PRINT - Select PRINT to open the printable Purchase Order Report in a pop-up window.
- BACK - Select BACK to be automatically navigated to the Purchase Order Templates Page.
- EXPORT - Select Export to export the purchase order template to Microsoft Excel.
- Select the up and down blue arrow icons to manually change the order of your VPI’s. Alternatively select the black navigation arrow icon to display a pop-up window where you can enter a new sort order number for the VPI. Select OK to apply the sort order change, or select CANCEL to cancel the change.
PO Template Details
Basic Editing To make changes to the page other than the sort order, select EDIT. When EDIT is selected the following options are displayed:
- SAVE - Select SAVE to save any changes made to the Purchase Order Template Details page.
- SAVE & NEW - Select SAVE & NEW to save changes made to the Purchase Order Template Details page and create a new Purchase Order Template at the same time.
- CANCEL - Select CANCEL to cancel any changes and return to the main Purchase Order Template Details page.
- Additionally, the following template details can be modified while EDIT is selected:
- Template Name - Use this field to edit the name of the template.
- Store Contact - Enter/edit the name of the person who is the store contact.
- Location - Use the drop-down arrow to determine a location or location group that should be associated with the PO Template. Use the “New Detail” window to add new vendor purchase items to the PO Template Details table.
- Sort - Enter a number to display the new VPI detail in a desired sort position.
- Vendor Purchase Item - Enter the name of a VPI name into the auto-fill field. Once you have entered a VPI, other fields will automatically populate with information that corresponds to the entered VPI.
- Receive Unit - Select the desired receive unit from the drop-down list. This will default to the unit of measurement you set up when creating a new VPI. If you did not input a VPI, this text box will not appear. If you would like to create a new unit of measurement, select NEW. For more information on creating a new receive unit, see the “Receive Units” section of the AP module documentation.
- Split Case - Denote whether the VPI should have a split (“partial”) unit. Par: Enter a number to provide an estimate of the quantity of VPI that you might usually purchase. Notes: Enter any pertinent notes for this VPI.
- APPEND - Select APPEND to override the “Sort” field and add the new VPI detail to the end of the Purchase Order Detail table.
- INSERT - Select INSERT to add the new detail into the table using the sort position modified by the “Sort” field. Once a new detail has been added, it will be displayed in the Details Table. From here you are able to further modify existing entries.
The Details Table
The Details table displays a selection column, sort order, vendor purchase item, receive units, par, and notes associated with each vendor purchase item. The following options are available for Template Details:
- Edit - To make changes to current details, first select the pencil icon next to the detail you wish to edit.
- Sort - Enter a number to display the VPI in a desired sort position.
- Vendor Purchase Item - Modify the VPI by using the auto-fill field to select a new item. Once you have made your selection, the ‘Receive Unit’ field will automatically default to the VPI’s default receive unit.
- Receive Units - Select the desired receive unit from the drop-down list. This will default to the unit of measure you set up when creating a new VPI. If you did not input a VPI, this text box will not appear. If you would like to create a new unit of measure, select NEW. For more information on creating a new receive unit, see the “Receive Units” section of the AP module documentation.
- Spit Case - Denote whether the VPI should have a split (“partial”) unit.
- Par - Enter an estimated amount of the vendor purchase item that you would normally purchase.
- Notes - Enter a note into the field to be displayed with the VPI.
- Delete - Select the red x icon to delete a purchase order template detail. Once you have finished with your changes, make sure to select UPDATE to confirm changes or discard changes with CANCEL.
- To mass edit items, see PO Template Details Advanced Editing for more details.
PO Template Details Advanced Editing
The PO Template Details page allows you to easily create new templates while providing you with the ability to make advanced VPI changes without leaving the page. EDIT must be selected to make additional changes to the PO Template Details. The following options are available:
- NEW VENDOR PURCHASE ITEM - Select this option to add a new VPI directly from the PO Template Details page. When you select this option you are redirected to the “New Vendor Purchase Item” window. For more information about how to use this window, see the Vendor Purchase Items section.
- LOAD VENDOR PURCHASE ITEMS - Selecting LOAD VENDOR PURCHASE ITEMS will load all VPI’s for the vendor into the template.
- REMOVE SELECTED ITEMS - To remove multiple VPI’s, select the check box next to the VPI’s you wish to remove and select REMOVE SELECTED ITEMS.