The Purchase Order Details page allows you to view and edit the details of a particular purchase order (PO). Immediately after navigating to the Purchase Order Details page, the top section of the page displays the vendor, location, PO number, detail total, store contact, tax, order date, PO total, and the invoice total (if the PO is linked to an invoice).
The list at the bottom of the page displays all the vendor purchase items (VPI’s) on the purchase order and details about each item (split case status, receive units, quantity, price, estimated total price, and notes).
- PRINT - Select PRINT to open the Purchase Order Report. From this window, you can print a copy of the Purchase Order Report.
- PRINT (QTY > 0) - Select PRINT (QTY > 0) to open the Purchase Order Report which will display all VPSs that have a non-zero quantity.
- ORDER GUIDE - Select ORDER GUIDE to open the Order Guide report. From this window, you can view the last ordered quantity per VPI as well as print a copy of the report. Note: This option will only be displayed if the purchase order’s associated vendor has the “Show Last Ordered/Order Guide on PO” option selected on the Vendor List page.
- BACK - Select BACK to navigate back to the Purchase Orders page.
- EMAIL TO VENDOR - By selecting this option, the purchase order will be automatically emailed to the corresponding vendor. Upon selection, the “Email to Vendor” window will be displayed. Simply enter the email subject and any desired body text. Additionally, you will have the option to include a PDF version of the Purchase Order Report or a CSV file. Upon selection SEND, a new pop-up window will appear with a Liability Release that you must agree to before the PO can be sent. For this button to appear you must have an email set up for the vendor on the Vendor List page. It will not appear if an EPO exists for the vendor. Zero quantity items will not appear in an invoice when sent to the vendor. After you send the PO, you will receive the message, “The report has been requested and will be emailed when complete.” Note: You will only be able to send the PO once, afterwards it will be stamped with ‘Sent By’ and ‘Sent Date’ fields. Additionally, the purchase order will be locked to editing after selecting EMAIL TO VENDOR.
- SEND TO VENDOR - This option will appear in place of the EMAIL TO VENDOR button when you have EPO (electronic purchase order) enabled for a vendor. By selecting this option, the purchase order will be automatically sent to the corresponding vendor. A new pop-up window will appear with a Liability Release that you must agree to before the PO can be sent. Note: To set up an EPO for a vendor, contact your site administrator. After you send the EPO, you will receive the message, “The EPO has been sent to vendor.” Note: You will only be able to send the EPO once. After it has been sent, it will be stamped with ‘Sent By’ and ‘Sent Date’ fields. Additionally, once purchase orders have been sent to a vendor, the purchase order will be locked to editing.
- EXPORT - Select Export to export the purchase order to Microsoft Excel. SAVE TEMPLATE Select SAVE TEMPLATE to create a purchase order template. A “Save as Template” window will appear where you can name the new template. Select SAVE to complete the creation of the new template. LINK INVOICE Select LINK INVOICE to link the specified purchase order to an invoice. A new window will appear where you will need to enter the desired invoice number. The invoice number and invoice batch number that match your typed information will appear as you type. Once the invoice number has been entered, select LINK to create a link between the purchase order and the invoice. Note: If an invoice is already linked to the purchase order, a link will be present that will navigate you directly to the invoice.
Select CREATE INVOICE in order to create an invoice from the purchase order. A “Create Invoice from PO” window will appear where you must enter the Invoice Batch Number to which you would like the new invoice to be added. Select CREATE to create the new invoice. Note: This option will not be present if an invoice is already linked to the purchase order.
- Last PO - If the “Show Last Ordered/Order Guide on PO” option is selected for a purchase order’s corresponding vendor (via the Vendor List page), this field will be displayed. Selecting the purchase order number will navigate you to the corresponding purchase order where you can view additional information.
- Last PO Date - While uneditable, this field displays the last purchase order’s date. Note: This option will only be displayed if the purchase order’s associated vendor has the “Show Last Ordered/Order Guide on PO” option selected on the Vendor List page.
Editing General PO Information
To edit general information about a purchase order, select EDIT at the top left corner of the Purchase Order Details page.
- PO NUMBER - Enter or edit the purchase order number. STORE CONTACT: Enter or edit the name of the store contact.
- ORDER DATE - Enter or edit the order date by either manually entering the date or by selecting the calendar icon and navigating to the desired day.
- TAX - Enter or edit the estimated tax amount.
- SAVE / CANCEL - Select SAVE to save any changes or CANCEL to negate any changes made to the purchase order.
Editing a VPI on the Purchase Order
In order to edit information in the Details table, select EDIT at the top left corner of the Purchase Order Details page. This will allow you to immediately edit basic information (quantity, price, and notes) for a VPI in the Details table. Make sure to select SAVE at the bottom of the Details table to save your changes.
If you want to delete a VIP from the Details table, simply select the red x icon next to the VPI you wish to delete. Note: If the purchase order’s associated vendor has the “Show Last Ordered/Order Guide on PO” option selected on the Vendor List page, the Details table will display the last quantity ordered.
To edit detailed information about a VPI in the Details table, select EDIT at the top left corner of the screen, then select the pencil icon next to a VPI on the Details table. This will allow you to edit the following VPI information:
- Vendor Purchase Item - Enter the name of a VPI into the auto-fill field. As with any other auto-fill field, selections that match your typed information will appear as you type.
- Receive Unit - Select a receive unit from the drop-down list. New receive units can be added by going to Setup ? Items ? Vendor Purchase Items where you can select the VPI and add/edit receive units.
- Split Case - Denote whether the VPI has a split ("partial") unit.
- Quantity - Enter/edit the quantity of the selected VPI. If the setting "Do not Require Quantity" is not enabled, you must enter a numerical value into the ‘Quantity’ text field. Alternatively, you may select ‘Load From Par’ under the "Quantity" column heading. Selecting this option will use the set par values (entered on the Purchase Order Template Details page) as the desired quantity.
- Note: This option, along with par information, is only viewable if the setting "Show PAR on Purchase Orders" is enabled on the AP Settings page. Additionally, par values can only be set for on the Purchase Order Template Details page.
- Price - Enter/edit the price of the VPI. Note: If the setting "Show Price on Purchase Orders" is disabled, you will not be able to view or edit the value in the "Price" column or view the "Estimated Total Price" column. However, the PO Total and Detail Total will be automatically updated in the general PO Information section (at the top of the Purchase Order Details page).
- Notes - Enter any pertinent notes you wish to appear with the VPI.
- UPDATE / CANCEL - You must select UPDATE to save the changes made to a VPI. Select CANCEL to cancel the changes.
Adding a VPI to the Purchase Order
In order to add a VPI to the purchase order, select EDIT at the top left corner of the Purchase Order Details page. A “New Detail” window will appear that will allow you to enter the following information for a new VPI:
- Vendor Purchase Item - Enter the name of a VPI into the auto-fill field. Once you have entered a VPI, other fields will automatically populate with information that corresponds to the entered VPI.
- Receive Unit - Select the desired receive unit from the drop-down list. This will default to the unit of measurement you set up when creating a new VPI. If you would like to create a new unit of measurement, select NEW. For more information on creating a new receive unit, see the Receive Units page.
- Split Case - Denote whether the item has a split ("partial") unit. Quantity: Enter the number of items purchased.
- Price Each - Enter the price per item.
- Total Price - The total price will automatically populate if the ‘Quantity’ and ‘Price Each’ fields contain information.
- Notes - Enter any pertinent notes for this VPI.
- ADD - Select ADD to add the new VPI.
- SAVE - After adding the new VPI to the Details table, be sure to select SAVE. The SAVE button below the Details table or the SAVE button at the top left corner of the Purchase Order Details page will both sufficiently save the new PO detail.
Adding a New VPI
A new VPI can be added directly from the Purchase Order Details page. This is beneficial because it allows you to add a completely new VPI without having to leave this page. Once a new VPI has been added, it can be loaded into the purchase order directly from the Purchase Order Details page using the LOAD VENDOR PURCHASE ITEMS option (see the “Loading Vendor Purchase Items” section below for more information).
To add a new VPI, select NEW VENDOR PURCHASE ITEM. This will cause the “New Vendor Purchase Item” window to appear. This is the same window that appears if you navigate to the AP module ? Setup ? Items ? Vendor Purchase Items ? and select NEW VENDOR PURCHASE ITEM. For a detailed explanation of the “New Vendor Purchase Item” window, see the Vendor Purchase Items page.
- Loading Vendor Purchase Items - Selecting LOAD VENDOR PURCHASE ITEMS will load all VPI’s for the vendor into the selected purchase order. The number in parentheses on the LOAD VENDOR PURCHASE ITEMS button indicates the total number of VPI’s for that vendor. If you added new VPI’s using the NEW VENDOR PUCHASE ITEM option, the new VPI’s can quickly be added to the purchase order without having to leave the Purchase Order Details page.
- Removing Items from the Purchase Order - The far left column of the Details table contains check boxes. If you wish to remove VPI’s from the purchase order, select the check boxes for the VPI’s you wish to remove and select REMOVE SELECTED ITEMS.
- Loading the Most Recent Item Prices Into the Purchase Order - If you would like to automatically load the most recent prices for each item into the purchase order, simply select LOAD LAST PRICES.