The Invoice Batches page is the base page of the Accounts Payable module. This page allows you to view, create, and post invoice batches.
Searching for Invoice Batches - Basic Usage
- Location Group - Select the location or location group for which to view invoice batches.
- Start Date / End Date - Narrow the search results by the invoice batch posting date. Select your start and end date by either typing the desired date into the fields or by selecting the calendar icon and navigating to the desired day. The current week will be selected by default.
- Status - Filter by invoice status. Select from the following options: All, Open, or Posted. The icons shown include:
- ‘Paper and Pin’ - This icon indicates that the invoice batch has been posted.
- ‘Empty Box’ - This icon indicates that the invoice batch has not been posted.
- Exported - Select whether to show exported, not exported, or all invoice batches. “All” will be selected by default.
- Rows per Page - Select how many invoices to display per page. “25” is selected by default.
- Alerts - Filter the invoice alert status by selecting All, Only, or None. “All” will be selected by default. The alert icons include:
- ‘Bell’ - This icon indicates that the Invoice Batch has been modified. If you hold the cursor over the icon, a message box will appear with specific alert details.
- ‘Gear’ - This icon designates an Auto Batch. An auto batch is created when an invoice is imported via EDI (Electronic Data Interchange). Every Invoice that is sent via EDI will create its own batch.
- ‘Padlock’ - This icon indicates that the batch has been locked. Locked batches can only be accessed by users with permissions to do so.
- SHOW - Select SHOW to display all the invoice batches that meet your search criteria in the Invoice Batches Table. Searching for Invoice Batches - Advanced Usage:
- FIND - You can search for a specific invoice number or batch number by entering the number into the ‘Find Invoice or Batch’ field and selecting FIND.
- ADVANCED FIND - Selecting ADVANCED FIND will navigate you to the Find Invoices page where you can filter search results by very specific criteria. For more information regarding this option, please see the Find Invoices page.
Invoice Batches Table
The Invoice Batches table includes the following information: Alerts, Batch Number, Location, Posting Date, Posted, Exported On, Created By, Changed By, Notes, # Invoices, Invoice Amounts, Detail Amounts, and Reviewed. A number of actions can be performed for an invoice batch using the Invoice Batches table:
- EXPORT - You may export a single invoice batch by selecting the ‘export batch’ icon in the Export column.
- DELETE - You may delete an invoice batch by selecting the red x icon in the column immediately to the right of the EXPORT column. You may delete an invoice batch only if the batch contains no invoices. If the batch is not eligible to be deleted, the icon will not be present.
- POST - You may post a single invoice batch by selecting POST in the far right column.
- REPOST - If you need to make changes to an invoice batch that has already been posted, you can make the desired changes and then select REPOST in the far right column.
- POST CHECKED - To post an invoice batch, select the check box in the far left column of the Invoice Batches table for the desired batch and select POST CHECKED. (Note that multiple invoice batches may be posted simultaneously.) This will automatically navigate you to a new window where you will be able to see if your invoice batches were posted. The green check mark will indicate that the batches successfully posted, while the red x icon will indicate that an error has occurred. If an error occurs, a message explaining the error will appear. Select CLOSE to return to the main Invoice Batches page. Any information contained in an invoice batch will not be reflected in other areas of the application until the invoice batch is posted.
- EXPORT CHECKED - This option allows you to export invoice batches to your accounting software. To export an invoice batch, select the check box in the far left column of the Invoice Batches table for the desired batch and select EXPORT CHECKED. You may select multiple batches, which allows you to perform a mass export of all the selected batches. Once you have selected EXPORT CHECKED, you will be navigated to a new window where you have the option to ZIP ALL AND DOWNLOAD or MERGE ALL AND DOWNLOAD. Note: Only posted invoices can be exported.
Creating a New Invoice Batch
Selecting NEW BATCH will cause a new window to appear where you will be able to create a new invoice batch.
- Location - Select the location for which you would like to create a new invoice batch.
- Posting Date - Select your posting date by either typing the desired date into the fields or by selecting the calendar icon and navigating to the desired day.
- Notes - Enter any pertinent notes that you would like to appear for this particular invoice batch.
- SAVE - Select SAVE to save the invoice batch and be automatically navigated to the Invoice Batch Details page.
- CANCEL - Cancel the creation of a new batch. Once you select SAVE, you will automatically be navigated to the Invoice Batch Details page for the newly created batch. For more information, see the Invoice Batch Details page.
If you select the check box at the top left corner of the Invoice Batches table, all invoice batches will automatically be selected. This is useful when posting or exporting multiple invoice batches.
You can re-sort the data table by clicking on any of the underlined column headers. Click once to sort in ascending order. Click again to sort in descending order.