The Manage Checkbooks page allows you to view, edit, and create new checkbooks. Checkbooks are based on budgeted and actual posted activity and allow you to view how much you have budgeted, how much you have spent, and the variance between the two (viewable on the View Checkbook page, the Checkbook widget, and the Checkbook Summary widget).
The four types of budgeting styles that can be used are Sliding Ceiling, Sliding Floor, Sliding Open, and Straight. For more information on the four budget styles, see the Creating a New Checkbook section below.
Creating a New Checkbook
- Checkbook Name - Enter a name for the new checkbook.
- Budget Style - Select one of the following budgeting styles:
- Sliding Ceiling - The budget can float down based on the ratio of actual to budgeted sales. The budget cannot float above the budgeted number.
- Sliding Floor - The budget can float up based on the ratio of actual to budgeted sales. The budget cannot float below the budgeted number.
- Sliding Open - The budget can float both up and down based on the ratio of actual to budgeted sales.
- Straight - The budget does not float; it is locked to the budgeted number.
- Inventory Cycle - Select an Inventory Cycle for the new checkbook. If “None” is selected, no inventory adjustments will be included. If "All" is selected, all inventory adjustments will be included.
- Use Finalized? - Select whether or not you would like to use finalized numbers. These are the numbers edited with your accounting software and uploaded via the Upload Finalized Number page in the Company Configuration module.
- SAVE/CANCEL - Select SAVE to create the new checkbook or CANCEL to negate the creation of the new checkbook.
The Checkbooks Table
- VIEW BALANCE - Selecting VIEW BALANCE will navigate you to the View Checkbook page where you can view the Checkbook for a selected period and location group.
- Edit - Selecting the pencil icon will navigate you to the Configure Checkbook page where you can assign GL Codes to a specific category.
- Delete - To delete a checkbook, select the red x icon. Upon selection, a confirmation window will appear where you can confirm or cancel the deletion.