The GL Journal Entries page allows you to view, edit, delete, and create new GL journal entries. Journal entries will be reflected on the General Ledger Report as well as the Journal Entries report.
Searching for a Journal Entry
Journal Entry # Contains: To search for a specific journal entry, enter all or part of the journal entry number for which you are searching. Select SHOW to view the results that match your search criteria.
The Journal Entries Found Table
The Journal Entries Found table displays the following information for each journal entry: Journal Entry Number, Notes, Date Created, and Number of Details. You can also view, edit, or delete journal entries using this table.
- ‘View document’ - Selecting a view document icon will navigate you to the Journal Entries page where information for the corresponding journal entry will automatically be displayed.
- Edit - Selecting the pencil icon will allow you to edit a journal entry’s number and notes. Be sure to select UPDATE to commit any changes.
- Deactivate - Selecting a red x icon will deactivate a journal entry. Upon selection, a confirmation window will appear where you will be able to confirm or cancel the deactivation.
Creating a New Journal Entry
To create a new journal entry, select NEW JOURNAL ENTRY. Upon selection, the “New Journal Entry” window will appear.
- Journal Entry # - Enter the desired journal entry number into this field.
- Notes - Enter any pertinent notes you would like to appear with the journal entry.
- SAVE/CANCEL - Select SAVE to create the new journal entry and be automatically navigated to the Journal Entry Details page. Alternatively, you may select CANCEL to cancel the creation of a new journal entry.
Copying a Journal Entry
New Journal Entry #: Enter the desired journal entry number into this text field.
- Notes - Enter any pertinent notes you would like to appear with the copied journal entry.
- Journal Entry to Copy - Using this drop-down field, select the journal entry you would like to copy.
- New Posting Date - Enter a posting date for the new journal entry posting date by either typing the desired date into this field or by selecting the calendar icon and navigating to the desired day.
- SAVE/CANCEL - Select SAVE to copy the journal entry or CANCEL to close the “Copy Journal Entry” window without copying.