The Cash Flow Entries page allows you to view, edit, delete, and create cash flow entries. To utilize this page and the associated Cash Flow Report, you must first set up the Cash flow Report on the Setup Cash Flow Report page in the Company Configuration module.
Viewing Cash Flow Entries
- Location - Select the location for which to view and/or create cash flow entries.
- Period - Select the period for which to view and/or create new cash flow entries.
- SHOW - Select SHOW to view Cash Flow Entries that match your search criteria.
Cash Flow Entries Table
The Cash Flow Entries table displays the Category, Date, Amount, and Notes.
- Edit - Selecting the pencil icon will allow you to edit an entry’s information. Be sure to select UPDATE to commit your changes.
- Delete - Select the red x icon to delete an entry. Upon selection, a confirmation window will appear where you can confirm or cancel the deletion.
New Cash Flow Entry
To create a new cash flow entry, enter the following information into the “New Cash Flow Entry” window.
- Category - Select a category for the new cash flow entry.
- Date - Enter the date by either typing the desired date into the field or by selecting the calendar icon and navigating to the desired day.
- Amount - Enter the dollar amount of the new entry.
- Notes - Enter any pertinent notes you would like to associate with the cash flow entry.
- ADD - Select ADD to add the new cash flow entry.
If you need to factor in an injection of mid-month tenders, you may wish to adjust the starting BALANCE figure to simply reflect your additional money there. You can also edit the note to reflect that the BALACE for this month includes a manual, mid-month adjustment.