Where COGs categories map one GL Account on to another, GL Master Categories are a hierarchy of other GL Categories. This provides a map for RADAR features like the Ops Statement Report and other rollup reporting.
Creating/Editing a GL Master Category
- New GL Master Category - To create a new GL Master Category, select NEW GL MASTER CATEGORY. This will open a new window.
- GL Master Category Name - Enter the desired GL Master Category name.
- Type - Select the Accrual Type drop the drop-down.
- Multiplier - When the Ops Statement Report runs, the multiplier taken into account during aggregation. This is typically utilized for negating a category via the ‘-1’ Multiplier.
- Save/Cancel - Select SAVE to create the new Category, or CANCEL to cancel the creation of a new category.
- Green Arrow - Select the green arrow icon to view Assigned and Available GL Codes. To assign or remove a GL Code from a Master Category, select the relevant Code, then utilize the << or >> buttons.
- Edit - Select the pencil icon to edit the Master Category’s Multiplier.
- Delete - To delete a Master Category, select the red x icon. This will only be present when there are no members within a category.