The Recipe Settings page allows you to configure the settings and behavior of the Recipes module. Only users with the proper permissions can access the Recipes Settings page, and any changes made on this page will be applied immediately. Settings can be configured by selecting EDIT at the top left corner of the Recipe Settings page.
- Number of Recipe Types to Expanded (0=All): This setting determines the initial expanded state of the selected recipe book’s tree view on the Recipe List page. The value entered here corresponds to the number of parent folders and child subfolders displayed. A value of “0” will fully expand the tree view, while a value of “1” will only display parent folders. Each additional numerical digit will show an additional child subfolder.
- Default Number of Rows per Page: Select the default number of rows to display on tables throughout the module.
- Select Menu Items sold in X days: This setting allows you to define how far back in time RADAR will go when looking for items sold. The default is 90 days. Please keep in mind that performance can be adversely affected the further back in time you go.
- Recipe Applications - Show Only Exportable Recipes: This setting will only display recipes that have been tagged as “Exportable” in the “Apps” column of the Recipes table on the Recipes List page.
- Transferred Recipe Pricing Additional Days: Enter the number of days to add to a recipe’s shelf life in order to determine the earliest recipe transfer to use for Recipe Price Calculations.
- GL Code Required for Recipes Included in Inventory: Select whether or not recipes that have been tagged as “Include in Inventory” require a GL Code. Note: If the Inventory setting “Break Down Prep Recipes Into Basic Ingredients When Posting Inventory Session” is disabled (set to “No”), this setting will be automatically enabled (set to “Yes”) and the user will not be able to change the setting.
- Default New Recipe Yield: Use this setting to define the default yield amount and recipe unit when creating a new recipe.
- Default Shelf Life Type: Select either hours or days for the shelf-life default type.
- Alert Duplicate Recipe Codes: Select whether or not you would like alerts to occur if the same recipe code gets assigned to more than one recipe.
- Date Range Specific Ingredients: If this setting is set to “Yes”, users will be allowed to tag ingredients as date specific.
- Location & Date Range Specific Menu Items: This setting will determine whether or not your menu items can be location and date specific.
- Location for Recipe Costs: Select the location or location group for which recipes are priced. If you select a location group, the price displayed on the Recipe Details page will be an average across all locations in the location group. Note: If a location within the selected location group is missing pricing data, the location's zero dollar cost will not be averaged into the recipes total.
- Force Recipe Log: If this setting is set to “Yes”, a user will be required to enter a note in the “Reason” field when saving an edit made to a recipe.
- Notes (1-4) Field Name: Enter the note field names to be displayed under the ‘Notes’ tab on the Recipe Details page.
Inventory specific Settings
The following settings will only be displayed if the company is utilizing the Recipes module n “Stand-alone mode” (without the Inventory module enabled).
- Default Inventory Item: When a new VPI is created, the selection in this field will automatically populate the ‘Inventory Item’ field on the “New Vendor Purchase Item window. “UNASSIGNED” is selected by default.
- Unassigned Inventory Item: When an inventory item is deleted, any VIP’s that correspond to the inventory item will automatically be assigned to the inventory item you select in this field. (Note that this functionality is also tied to the option you select in the ‘On Inventory Item Delete’ field).
- Use Quick Item Cost: Select whether or not to use the quick item cost feature which allows you to manually assign costs to inventory items.
- On Inventory Item Delete: When an inventory item is deleted, this option determines whether VPI’s that correspond to that inventory time will be deactivated or if they will be assigned to the inventory item selected in the ‘Unassigned Inventory Item’ field.
- Force Inventory Taking Unit Change Log: If this option is set to “Yes”, users will be forced to enter a note explaining why they edited a taking unit any time a taking unit is edited.
- Ignore Conversion Alerts of II or VPI Mapped to GL Codes: Conversion alerts that occur for any inventory items or VPI’s that are associated with the GL Codes that you select here will be ignored.
- Price Calculation Priority: Select whether AP or Quick Costs are given price calculation priority. By default AP is selected. Note: If the ‘Use Quick Item Cost’ setting is set to “No”, this setting will not appear on the page and the price calculation will default to AP.
- Price Calc Scheme: This setting will determine the price calculation for all items upon initial upload. After the initial upload, this setting will determine the price calculation scheme that shows up when adding new inventory items to the system. The following selections are available:
- Use Average of 3 Latest Prices
- Use Latest Prices
- Weighted Average of 3 Latest Prices
- Weighted Average Last 4 Elapsed Weeks
- Filter Taking Units on Base Unit: If this option is set to “Yes”, you will only be able to select a taking unit that corresponds to the selected base unit when you create a new inventory item.
- Force Conversion Unit Change Log: If this option is set to “Yes”, users will be forced to enter a note explaining why they edited a conversion unit any time a conversion unit is edited.