The Recipe Status page allows you to view, edit, and create recipe statuses. Recipe statuses simply give you another way to group recipes such as “In Testing”, “Pending Review”, and “Finalized”. The “Recipe Status Level” user permission on the User Manager page of the Company Configuration module determines the highest status level a user can assign to a recipe.
Example: Your company has three statuses - "In Testing", "Pending Review", and "Finalized" (levels 10, 20, and 30 respectively). A data entry person has a “Recipe Status Level” user permission set to 20 ("Pending Review"). If that person enters/edits a recipe, he or she could set the status to 20 (“Pending Review”). Note that this is the highest possible status level this user could assign to the recipe. The culinary management team could then review all the recipes set to status level 20 (“Pending Review”) and finalize the recipes by setting them to status level 30 (“Finalized”).
Recipe Status Table
The Recipe Status table displays the recipe status name and the recipe status level for each recipe. It also shows which recipe status is designated as the default recipe status. The default recipe status is the recipe status that is selected by default when creating a new recipe.
- Edit: Select the pencil icon to edit a recipe status. This will allow you to change the recipe status name, the status level, and whether or not the recipe status is the default status. Be sure to select UPDATE to commit the change or CANCEL to cancel any changes.
- Delete: Select the red x icon to delete a recipe status. Upon selection, a confirmation window will appear where you can verify or cancel the deletion.
Adding a New Recipe Status
To create a new recipe status, enter the following information into the “Add New Recipe Status” window:
- Recipe Status: Enter the desired name for the new recipe status.
- Level: Enter a number that designates the recipe status’ level. This setting combined with the “Recipe Status Level” user permission determines the highest status level a user can assign to a recipe.
- Is Default?: Select whether or not the recipe status will be selected by default when creating a new recipe.
- ADD: Select ADD to create the new recipe status.