The Usage Variance Report compares theoretical usage to actual usage in terms of quantity and dollar amount at the inventory item level. This report can be accessed from the Reports module or from the Inventory module under the ‘Reports’ tab.
The Usage Variance Report can help you find any significant differences between theoretical usage and actual usage at the inventory item level. If a significant difference exists, it could be cause for concern.
- Filter by location(s) or location group(s).
- Filter by date. This report can be run for any specified length of time.
- Filter by Inventory Item.
- Select whether or not group by location.
- Select whether or not to display $ amounts.
- Filter by GL Code.
- Filter by Inventory Item Group.
- Filter by Inventory Cycle.
- Select whether or not to display inventory items.
- From the ‘Show’ options, select the type of items that you would like to display on the report. “All Items” will be selected by default.
- This report can be viewed/exported in various formats. It can also be directly emailed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I have a storage location set up, but why is it not displayed here?
A: The Usage Variance Report operates based on the inventory session that was in effect for the date the report is run. If a storage location was not present for that inventory cycle, it will not show here. If you reorganized your storage locations and want to mirror the setup on this report, re-open the inventory session and repost.