The Usage Variance (with Theo Usage) report compares actual usage of inventory items to the theoretical usage of inventory items in both dollars and quantity. This report can be accessed from the Reports module and the Inventory module under the ‘Reports’ tab.
This report helps you compare actual variance quantity and actual variance dollars. This report exposes posted variance dollars on an inventory item level, so it would be used to troubleshoot price variances after running many other reports.
- Filter by location(s) or location group(s).
- Filter by date. This report can be run for any specified length of time.
- Filter by Inventory Item Group.
- Filter by one or more specific GL Codes. Note that if no GL Codes are selected, the report will run for all GL Codes.
- Filter the manner in which you would like the report to be sorted. You can sort by “Inventory Item Name”, “(Theo – Actual) Variance (Quantity)”, or “(Theo – Actual) Variance ($ Amount)”.
- Filter by Inventory Cycle.
- This report can be viewed/exported in various formats. It can also be directly emailed.