The Theoretical vs Actual Cost By GL report compares theoretical sales/costs to actual sales/costs. This report can be accessed from the Reports module or from the Inventory module under the ‘Reports’ tab. In order to utilize this report, you must set up the report by selecting ‘Setup Theo vs Actual Report’ on the Company Configuration page.
This report can serve as an inventory auditing tool that you can use immediately after you take your physical inventory. A large variance between theoretical values and actual values could be cause for concern.
- Filter by location(s) or location group(s).
- Filter by date. This report can be run for any specified length of time.
- Select whether or not to view only items that pertain to the selected inventory cycle.
- Select the manner in which the report calculates the variance.
- Filter by Inventory Cycle.
- Select whether or not to display GL Codes. GL Codes not set as "Use For Inventory" are not valid for this report.
- Select whether or not to group by locations.
- This report can be viewed/exported in various formats. It can also be directly emailed.