The Theoretical Item Cost Detail report shows theoretical cost % by menu item, grouped by master sale department.
Use this report to analyze cost %, $ cost, profit margin, velocity and contribution of menu item or menu items for a selected date range.
- Select an item group or all item groups (default).
- Option to include zero priced items, default is to not show zero priced items.
- Option to include zero cost items, default is to show zero cost items.
- Option to hide PLU #s default, is hidden.
- Option to sort by the following: Velocity(default), Margin, Contribution or Item Name.
- Option to show Gross (default) or Net.
- Option to hide location detail (default) or to show location details.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How is the velocity ranking calculated?
A: Velocity shows 1 to 8 with 1 being the most items sold.
Q: How is the margin ranking calculated?
A: Margin is price minus cost, the item with the highest margin is ranked as 1.
Q: How is the contribution ranking calculated?
A: Quantity of items sold multiplied by margin, the item with the highest total margin shows as a contribution of 1. Special Circumstances