The Theoretical Item Cost By Item report lists the menu items for a location by POS sale department and displays the quantity sold, the selling price before and after comps/promos, and the costs per recipe (multiplied by the number sold) that the menu item is linked to. This report can be accessed from the Reports module or from the Recipes module under the ‘Reports’ tab.
This report is great for comparing menu item cost to the sold price because the report factors in comp/promo data per item. This report can also help you see if a menu item is linked to a recipe.
- Filter by location(s) or location group(s).
- Filter by date. This report can be run for any specified length of time.
- Filter by Inventory Item Group.
- Filter by one or more specific GL Codes. Note that if no GL Codes are selected, the report will run for all GL Codes.
- Select the manner in which the report groups the information. Select either “Group by Day and Item” or “Group by Item”.
- Select whether or not to view all items or only the top 20% of purchased items. “All Items” is selected by default.
This report can be viewed/exported in various formats. It can also be directly emailed.