The Summary Variance (w/ Theo Usage) report compares the theoretical usage of inventory items to the actual usage of inventory items. The report displays both the inventory variance and the dollar value variance. This report is similar to the Summary Variance report; however, this report displays additional information such as an item’s beginning inventory, purchase quantity, sold quantity, and calculated ending inventory.
This information is compared with the actual ending inventory amount to give you dollar value of variance. This report can be accessed from the Recipes module under the ‘Reports’ tab or directly from the Reports module.
This report provides you with a quick way to see how the calculated ending inventory of an item compares with the actual ending inventory. A dollar value of variance calculation displays how much of an inventory item (in terms of dollars) was lost or wasted.
- Filter by location(s) or location group(s).
- Filter by date. This report can be run for any specified length of time.
- Filter by Inventory Item Group.
- Filter by specific GL Codes.
- Select the manner in which you would like the report to be sorted.
- Filter by Inventory Cycle.
- This report can be viewed/exported in various formats. It can also be directly emailed.