The Server Productivity Report displays the quantity and the sales average per sale department for each employee during the selected date range. Additionally, the report displays the number of shifts the employee has worked as well as the average Net Sales per shift. To utilize this report, the report must be configured on the Setup Server Productivity page in the Company Configuration module.
The Server Productivity report can be used as an effective coaching tool, as it compares the performances of individual servers. It can also be used to compare individual server performance with the average server performance of one or more locations.
- Filter by location or location group.
- Filter by date. The report can be run for any specified length of time.
- Filter by job. Note: Only jobs with sales activity for the selected location(s) and date range will be available for selection.
- Select the order in which you would like the information on the report to be sorted.
- Filter by a specific daypart or select “All”.
- Filter by a specific revenue center or select “All”.
- Select the method by which sales are reported (Selling Employee or Cashier Employee).
- Select whether or not you would like to display column configurations. The report can display up to nine configurable columns. Column configuration and detail is set up in the Company Configurations module. See the Frequently Asked Questions section below for more information.
- This report can be viewed/exported in various formats. It can also be directly emailed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: My columns are configured for Food, Beer, Wine, etc. I would like to see more detail like Appetizers, Entrees and Desserts. How do I configure the report like this?
A: The column detail depends on the configuration of your POS system. If the POS only provides broad categories like Food, Beer, and Wine, then that is all that will be available on the report. If the POS provides more specific detail like Appetizers, Entrees, and Desserts, then the report can be configured with that detail. Some POS systems can be reprogrammed from broad detail to more specific detail. Other POS systems may be more limited. You should contact your POS systems representative for more information.
Q: Why do several of my employees have sales amounts on the Payroll report that are different than the amounts displayed on the Server Productivity Report?
A: If the numbers differ between the two reports, it is likely that the employees sold menu items in a sale department that has not been mapped to one of the columns on the Server Productivity Report.
Q: I want to change the way the report is configured, is this possible?
A: Yes. This report can be configured in Company Configuration module. Contact your site administrator to help you configure this report if you do not have access to the Company Configurations module.
Q: How can I find out what categories are included in the report configuration?
A: In Step 3 of the report setup, there is an option that reads, “Display column configuration”. Select “Yes” in this drop-down field. Run the report. The detail of the column configuration will be provided at the end of the report.
Q: How are comped items handled in this report?
A: This report uses true Net Sales and does not count items that were 100% comped. I tried to run the report and got the following message: "Not Configured - Contact Ctuit." The report may need to be set up, or - if a new sale department or category was added - it may just need to be updated. Please contact your site administrator for assistance.
Q: I tried to run the report but it said: "Report Disabled - No jobs were found with recent sales. Please contact Ctuit if you need assistance.” How do I fix this?
A: The Job drop-down field in Step 3 is populated by jobs that have sales associated with them. If no jobs are found with sales, this report will disable itself.