The Recipe Cost Report provides a table listing the itemized (dynamic) costs per ingredient (inventory item) for the selected recipe(s). The report also displays the recipe yield, total recipe cost (static/actual cost), menu item price, and cost percentage. This report can be accessed from the Reports module and the Recipe module under the ‘Reports’ tab.
This report is commonly used as a recipe audit tool for recipe costing.
- Filter by location(s) or location group(s).
- Filter by date. This report can only be run for a single day.
- Select whether or not you would like the report to display SubRecipes (prep recipes).
- Select whether or not to view the report by a specific recipe.
- Select whether or not view the report by a specific recipe type.
- Select whether or not to view the report by recipe book.
- Select whether to view the report by recipe list.
- If you select to view the report by a specific recipe, enter the name of the recipe into the ‘Recipe’ auto-fill field.
- If you select to view the report by recipe type, select the folder(s) from the ‘Recipe Types’ tree view.
- If you select to view the report by recipe book, select the desired book(s) from the ‘Recipe Book’ drop-down field.
- If you select to view by a self-made list of recipes, enter a recipe’s name into the ‘Recipe’ auto-fill field and select ADD to add it to the customizable list. You can add multiple recipes to the list.
- The report can be viewed/exported in various formats. It can also be directly emailed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why would the two listed costs be different?
A: If there is a difference in price between your static cost (displayed in the table header) and dynamic costs (total recipe cost), it is usually because something has updated the dynamic ingredient costs (like a conversion change or new AP information) but the price update has not been processed yet to true up the static cost versus the new reality.