The Purchase Order vs. Invoice Variance report displays variances between the number of items purchased on a particular purchase order and the actual invoice quantity. The report displays the Vendor, PO Number, Invoice Number, Vendor, Purchase Item, Receive Unit, PO Quantity, Invoice Quantity, Variance, and Invoice Amount.
This report can be accessed from the Reports module or from the Accounts Payable module under the ‘Reports’ tab. Note: Purchase Orders must be linked to Invoices in order to utilize this report.
This report provides you with a quick, easy way to search for any discrepancies between the number of items that were purchased from a particular vendor and the number of items that were actually received from that vendor. This report could benefit a manager who is trying to figure out why an invoice amount is higher or lower than expected.
- Filter by location(s) or location group(s).
- Filter by date. This report can be run for any specified length of time.
- Filter by vendor by entering the vendor name into the auto-fill ‘Vendor’ field. As with any other auto-fill field, selections that match your typed information will appear as you type.
- Select whether or not to only show items with quantity variance.
- Enter an optional variance threshold percentage. For example, if you want to hide items with a variance percentage less than 5%, enter "5" into this field. Note that this field interprets your entry as an absolute value, so a negative number will be treated like its positive counterpart (e.g., -15 = 15).
- This report can be viewed/exported in various formats. It can also be directly emailed.