The Item Comp/Promo Frequency report displays the number of comps or promos by menu item. It also displays the comp frequency for particular items compared with the items' total sales.
This report can help you identify items with an unusually high comp ratio percentage. If an item has an unusually high comp ratio percentage you may want to consider removing or replacing the item.
- Filter by location(s) or location group(s).
- Filter by date. This report can be run for any specified length of time.
- Select a metric (Comps or Promos).
- Select the comps/promos you would like the report to display. Comp/promo options show dynamically by location and date selection.
- Select an Item Group.
- Enter an Item.
- Select the manner in which you would like the report to group results.
- Select the manner in which you would like Sale Departments to be sorted.
- Select the order in which you would like items sorted.
- Select the secondary sort order.
- This report can be viewed/exported in various formats. It can also be directly emailed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How is the Ratio % calculated?
A: # of comps / quantity sold
Q: How the percent is comped calculated?
A: total comp amount / total item
Q: Why do the detail summaries not add up to the same number displayed for the total summary?
A: Do not be surprised if adding together the detail summaries does not always present an accurate picture of what the total summary displays. As noted on the report, the summary level accounts for duplicate entries due to multiple comps/promos on the same item and may differ from expected results. This occurs any time an item has had several comps or promos applied to it and may appear under several different detail summaries. The total summary will take into account that this item was only sold once despite having multiple comps applied.