The Inventory Item Usage report uses the average prices of inventory items to calculate theoretical usage quantities and sold amounts for the selected time period. This report can be accessed from the Reports module and the Inventory module under the ‘Reports’ tab.
This report helps gain an understanding of how much of an inventory item has been used during the selected date range. And since the report does not bring in Inventory valuation, this report can be run midweek or for extended date ranges.
- Filter by location(s) or location group(s).
- Filter by date. This report can be run for any specified length of time.
- Filter by Inventory Item Group.
- Filter by Inventory Cycle.
- Select whether or not to group by GL Codes.
- Filter by GL Code by selecting the desired GL Codes(s) or by selecting “Select All”. Additionally, you may select “Clear” to clear all selected GL Codes.
- Select whether to view all items or only the top 20% of AP purchases. “All” is selected by default.
- Filter by GL Code by selecting the desired GL Codes(s) or by selecting “Select All”. Additionally, you may select “Clear” to clear all selected GL Codes. By default, all GL Codes are selected.
- Filter item usage by selecting either items with zero usage or items with non-zero usage.
- Filter item purchases by selecting items with zero purchases or items with non-zero purchases.
- Filter on-hand inventory items by selecting items with zero usage or items with nonzero usage.
- Select whether you would like the report to be sorted by amount or quantity. “Amount” is selected by default.
- This report can be viewed/exported in various formats. It can also be directly emailed.