This report compares the performance of individual sale items within a location or location group for particular order modes during a specified period of time. Additionally, the report displays item sales, percent category (% Cat), percent daypart (% DP), and totals for sale departments, master sale departments and locations.
If your company uses more than five dayparts, the report can be configured, via the Pmix By Order Mode Cmp Report page in the Company Configuration module, so that multiple daypart totals can be combined into one column.
This report can be used to measure menu item performance across order modes. It also helps you see how an item’s performance at one location for a particular order mode compares with that item’s performance at another location.
- This report is fed by POS sales and how they are mapped to Master Sale Departments. This is completely configurable and changeable.
- Filter by location(s) or location group(s).
- Filter by date. This report can be run for any specified length of time.
- Filter by daypart by selecting the desired daypart(s) or by selecting ALL. Additionally, you may select CLEAR to clear all selected dayparts. By default, all dayparts are selected.
- Filter by revenue center by selecting the desired revenue center(s) or by selecting ALL. Additionally, you may select CLEAR to clear all selected revenue centers. By default, all revenue centers are selected.
- Select the details on which you would like the report to focus.
- Select which values are reported (Net Sales, Gross Sales, or quantity).
- Select whether or not to display zero priced items. If you wish for the report to display a menu item’s aliased name (setup on the Items page in the Company Configurations module), select “Use Report as Alias”.
- Select whether or not you would like the report to break down the results by location.
- Select whether or not the report in includes chain modifiers from the ‘Chain Modifiers’ drop-down. By selecting “Yes (Show)” the modifier will be displayed. If you select “Yes (Hide) the modifier will be hidden but the quantity and pricing information will calculate the hidden modifier.
- Filter by Item Group.
- Select the order in which you would like the results to display.
- This report can be viewed/exported in various formats. It can also be directly emailed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why is my Product Mix by Order Mode Comparison not populating?
A: The number one reason the report is not populating is that the location did not poll on the date(s) for which you are running the report. Another possibility is that your Master Sale Departments are not set up yet.
Q: How is the “% Cat” column populated on the report?
A: The “% Cat” is calculated for each category based on items, sales departments, and master sale departments. The following equations are used:
- Items “% Cat” = Item Sales / Sale Department Sales
- Sale Department “% Cat” = Sale Department Sales / Master Sale Department Sales
- Master Sale Department “% Cat” = Master Sale Department Sales / Location Total Sales