This report summarizes credit card tips and tip percentage in relation to an employee's credit card sales.
Tips can be a measure of guest satisfaction. You can use this report to compare one employee's average tip percentage to another, or you can compare an employee's tip percentage to the average tip percentage for a location.
- Filter by location(s) or location group(s).
- Filter by date. The report can be run for any specified length of time.
- Select the order in which you would like the information on the report to be sorted. Sort by Tip Service Percent or Employee.
- Select whether or not to include auto gratuities and/or employees with zero sales.
- Select whether or not to remove transactions that include NSR (No Sale Ring) or GC sold.
- Select whether to collapse Employee Details, displaying only total sales & averages per location.
- Choose whether to include All CC Sales. This will include all CC sales in the calculation, regardless of whether a tip is attached to the transaction or not.
- Choose whether to include tips from Sales or Labor.
- This report can be viewed/exported in various formats. It can also be directly emailed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is the service percent based on total sales or only credit card sales?
A: The tip percent is calculated using only the credit card sales that actually have tips included. So, if a customer pays by credit card but tips in cash, this amount will not be included in the service percent calculation.
Q: What is the difference between the Total Sales column and the CC Tipped Base Amt column?
A: The Total Sales are all the sales made by the employee and include all forms of payment. The CC Tipped Base Amt includes only those sales which were paid by credit card and included a tip. Credit card sales without tips are not a part of the base amount.