The Periods in a Year chart provides summary-level information for a selected metric for a single location (or location group) across one or more years. Alternatively, the data for the selected metric can be displayed for multiple locations (or location groups) across a single year. Note: This chart supports the use of chart notes (denoted by a star shaped data marker).
This chart is a great trend analysis tool as it provides you with a quick way to track how well (or how poorly) a location is performing compared to other locations during the same year or against itself in previous years. Additionally, this chart can be used to help determine future budgeting and labor needs.
- Filter by location or location group. Additionally, you can select multiple locations/location groups by selecting the ‘Multiple Locations’ option. Selecting ALL PRIMARY will automatically select all primary locations. Note: If you are viewing the chart for multiple locations (or location groups), you will not be able to view the data over multiple years.
- Filter by year. Selecting the ‘Rolling?’ option will display a rolling year instead of a calendar year. Additionally, you can select multiple years by selecting the ‘Multiple Dates’ option. Note: If you are viewing the chart for multiple years, you will not be able to view the data for multiple locations.
- Select the period type to display on the chart’s x-axis.
- Filter by metric.
- Use the ‘Drill Down’ drop-down field to select the chart to which you will be navigated upon selecting a data point. Note: The charts available for selection are determined by the selected metric.
- Select the days of the week you would like to be included in the results. All days are selected by default.
- Select whether the data is displayed as a Line or Bar Chart. Additionally, you have the option to select the chart’s size (either normal or large).
- Select whether or not to show an average or trend line.
- Select whether or not to view the chart note summary (displayed at the bottom of the chart).
- Select SHOW to view the chart. Upon selection, you will also be granted the ability to print the chart (by selecting PRINT) and/or exporting the chart’s data (by selecting EXPORT).
- If you hover your mouse over a data point, a tooltip will appear and display the selected metric’s total amount, date range for the corresponding period, and chart note (if applicable). Selecting the data point will navigate you to the chart selected from the ‘Drill Down’ field