The Item Group Sales Trend chart provides summary-level information for a selected metric and item group for a single location (or location group) across one or more years. Alternatively, the data for the selected metric can be displayed for multiple locations (or location groups) across a single year. Note: This chart supports the use of chart notes (denoted by a star-shaped data marker).
This chart is a great trend analysis tool because it provides you with a quick way to track how well (or how poorly) all menu items associated with an item group are performing. Additionally, this chart allows you to compare historical data across multiple locations for a single year.
- Filter by location or location group. Additionally, you can select multiple locations/location groups by selecting the ‘Multiple Locations’ option. Selecting ALL PRIMARY will automatically select all primary locations. Note: If you are viewing the chart for multiple locations (or location groups), you will not be able to view the data over multiple years.
- Filter by year. Selecting the ‘Rolling?’ option will display a rolling year instead of a calendar year. Additionally, you can select multiple years by selecting the ‘Multiple Dates’ option. Note: If you are viewing the chart for multiple years, you will not be able to view the data for multiple locations.
- Select the period type to display on the chart’s x-axis.
- Filter by metric.
- Filter by item group.
- Filter by a specific daypart or select “All Dayparts”.
- Filter by a specific revenue center or select “All Revenue Centers”.
- Select the days of the week you would like to be included in the results. All days are selected by default.
- Select whether to display the data as a Line Chart or Bar Chart. Additionally, you have the option to select the chart’s size (either normal or large).
- Select whether or not to show an average or trend line.
- Select whether or not to view the chart note summary (displayed at the bottom of the chart).
- Select SHOW to view the chart. Upon selection, you will also be granted the ability to print the chart (by selecting PRINT).