The Inventory Item Cost Trend chart displays a single inventory item’s price for one or more locations (or location groups) for an entire year. This chart can be accessed from the Charts module or from the Inventory module under the ‘Charts’ tab.
This chart is a great trend analysis tool because it provides you with a quick way to track a specific inventory item’s price throughout the course of a year. Additionally, you can compare the price fluctuation against other locations during the same year.
- Filter by location(s) or location group(s). Additionally, you can select multiple locations/location groups. Selecting ALL PRIMARY will automatically select all primary locations.
- Filter by year. Selecting the ‘Rolling?’ option will display a rolling year instead of a calendar year.
- Filter by inventory item by entering the desired inventory item into the auto-fill field. As with any other auto-fill field, selections that match your typed information will appear as you type.
- Select whether the data is displayed as a Line or Bar Chart. Additionally, you have the option to select the chart’s size (either normal or large).
- Select SHOW to view the chart. Upon selection, you will also be granted the ability to print the chart (by selecting PRINT).
- If you hover your mouse over a data point, a tooltip will appear and display the inventory item’s price for the corresponding location and date range. Note: This chart does not have drill down capabilities.