The Daypart Breakdown chart displays the selected metric’s total dollar amount and percentage, broken down by daypart, during the selected date or date range.
This chart can be used to monitor a selected metric’s activity (such as Net Sales or Comps) across multiple dayparts.
- Filter by location or location group.
- Filter by date or date range. The options available for selection depend upon the selected period type.
- Select a period type.
- Filter by metric.
- The chart displayed in the ‘Drill Down’ drop-down field details the chart you will be navigated to upon selecting a data slice. Note: You will only be able to drill down into the Item Breakdown chart if “Net Sales” or “Gross Sales” is selected in the ‘Drill Down’ drop-down field. All other metric options do not offer drill down capabilities.
- Select whether the data is displayed as a Pie or Doughnut Chart. Additionally, you have the option to select the chart’s size (either normal or large).
- Select SHOW to view the chart. Upon selection, you will also be granted the ability to print the chart (by selecting PRINT).
- If you were navigated to this chart from another chart (by selecting a data point), selecting DRILL UP will return you to the previous chart.
- If you hover your mouse over a data slice, you can view the selected metric’s dollar amount and percent of total.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why is there a difference in sales (both Net and Gross) between the Daypart Breakdown chart and the Item Breakdown chart?
A: While the Daypart Breakdown chart looks at a “Sales” data set, the Item Breakdown chart looks at a “PMix” dataset. The quantity on the Item Breakdown chart should closely match the value displayed when running a PMix report. Note, however, the Item Breakdown chart will account for $0 items.