The Chart Notes page allows you to view, create, edit, and deactivate chart notes. A user’s access to this page can be limited or restricted under the Chart module privilege in User Manager.
A chart note can be specified for one location or the entire company. Chart notes allow you to define significant events or holidays that will appear when viewing certain charts. An example of utilizing a chart note would be adding Valentine’s Day as a chart note for “All Company” on February 14th. Another example of how a chart note could be utilized is if one of the locations is undergoing an extended renovation.
A chart note could be created for this location to remind others why sales might be off during the renovation date range. Currently, chart notes are supported on two charts: the Periods in a Year chart and the Days in a Week chart.
To create a new chart note, select NEW CHART NOTE. A “New Chart Note” window will appear where you will be able to identify the following:
- Location - Select a location for which you would like to create a chart note. Select “All” to add the note to all locations
- Start/End Date - Select a start and end date for the note by either entering the desired date into the fields or by selecting the calendar icon and navigating to the desired day
- Notes - Enter the chart note into this field
- Add Another? - Select this option before you select SAVE in order to immediately add another new chart note
- SAVE/CANCEL - Select SAVE to save any changes or CANCEL to cancel the creation of a new chart note.
- Edit - Select the pencil icon to edit a chart note. This will allow you to edit the location, start date, end date, and chart notes. You must select UPDATE to save the changes made to a chart note. Select CANCEL to cancel the changes
- Deactivate - To deactivate a chart note, select the red x icon. Upon selection, a pop-up window will appear allowing you to confirm or cancel the deactivation