The AP Purchases Trend chart provides summary-level purchase information for a single location (or location group) across one or more years. Alternatively, the purchase data can be displayed for multiple locations (or location groups) across a single year. This chart can be accessed from the Charts module and the Accounts Payable module under the ‘Charts’ tab.
Note: The prices displayed on this chart are the prices saved when posting the invoice. Historic data is not updated with current price levels.
The AP Purchase Trend chart is useful in determining future purchasing needs by comparing information from past years to current year. Additionally, this chart allows you to compare the data across multiple locations for a single year.
- Filter by location or location group. Additionally, you can select multiple locations/location groups by selecting the ‘Multiple Locations’ option. Selecting ALL PRIMARY will automatically select all primary locations. Note: If you are viewing the chart for multiple locations (or location groups), you will not be able to view the data over multiple years.
- Filter by year. Selecting the ‘Rolling?’ option allows you to view data for a rolling year instead of a calendar year. Additionally, you can select multiple years by selecting the ‘Multiple Dates’ option. Note: If you are viewing the chart for multiple years, you will not be able to view the data for multiple locations.
- Select the period type to display on the x-axis.
- Select whether you would like to display the information as a line chart or a bar chart. Additionally, you have the option to select the chart’s size (either normal or large).
- Select SHOW to view the chart. Upon selection, you will also be granted the ability to print the chart (by selecting PRINT).
- If you hover your mouse over a data point, a tooltip will appear that displays the total posted AP invoices amount. Selecting the data point will navigate you to the AP Purchases by GL Code Breakdown chart.