The Minimum Wages page allows you to view, edit, and create minimum wage entries for use in Special Pay calculations. Most Special Pay rules interact with the 'expected' minimum wages for a given location.
Use this page to manage which minimum wages are to be considered valid for a particular location. Each location can have a Minimum Wage and a Tipped/Secondary Minimum Wage. Each entry has an activation date and a deactivation date so that you can see changes over time.
Searching for a Minimum Wage Entry
- Location Group - Select the location or location group for which to view minimum wage information
- Show - Select whether to view all entries, entries in effect today, or open-ended entries. “All Entries” is selected by default
- SHOW - Select SHOW to view the results that match your search criteria
Creating a New Minimum Wage Entry
To create a new minimum wage entry, select NEW WAGE ENTRY at the top left corner of the screen. The default minimum wage rate will be set at the State or Federal wage, whichever is higher. Local minimum wage rates above the State or Federal rates must be manually input and maintained.
- Effective Date - Enter the start date new minimum wage by either typing the desired date into the field or by selecting the calendar icon and navigating to the desired day
- Location - Select the location to which the new minimum wage will be applied
- Minimum Wage - Enter the desired minimum wage into this text field
- Tipped/Secondary Minimum Wage - Enter a desired tipped/secondary minimum wage
- SAVE/CANCEL - Select SAVE to save the new minimum wage entry or CANCEL to close the “New Minimum Wage Entry” window without saving
- Save and Add another - If you select this option, you will be able to immediately create a new minimum wage entry without having to re-select NEW WAGE ENTRY
The Minimum Wages Table
The Minimum Wage table displays the following information for each minimum wage: associated Alerts, Date Activated, Location, Minimum Wage, Tipped/Secondary and Minimum wage.
- Alert - If there are any alerts associated with a minimum wage, such as an overlapping date range, a bell icon will appear in the “Alerts” column. To view details about the alert, hover your mouse over the bell icon
- Edit - Selecting the pencil icon will allow you to edit a minimum wage’s information. For more information on the fields available for edit, see the Creating a New Minimum Wage Entry section above. Be sure to select UPDATE to commit your changes. Note: Making a change here will not take effect until the next import. As a general rule, we import 21 days rolling worth of time records each night, so any change you make to this page will be retroactive across that time period once the import occurs
- Delete - To delete a minimum wage entry, select the red x icon. Upon selection, a confirmation window will appear where you can confirm or cancel the deletion
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What does Ctuit maintain on the Minimum Wages page?
A: Ctuit will automatically update the federal and state/province level minimum wage. Any management below that is your responsibility.