The Location Groups page allows you to view, edit, and create location groups that will be used throughout RADAR. A location group (LG) can consist of any number of locations. The grouping of locations can range from “All Company” or “West Coast” to a more specific location group that represents a single location.
It is important to note that a primary location group will be added automatically during the setup of a new location. The “Primary?” column on this page notes whether a location group consists of a single location, which would make it a primary location group for the location.
Searching for a Location Group
- Name Contains - Enter the name or partial name of the location group for which you are searching
- SHOW - Select SHOW to view the results that match your search criteria
Creating a New Location Group
To create a new location group, select NEW LOCATION GROUP. After selection, the “New Location Group” window will appear.
- Name - Enter a name for the new location group
- Sort Order - The number entered in this field will represent the order in which the location group is sorted on reports and other areas throughout RADAR
- Hide on Key Info? - Select whether or not you would like the new location group to be visible on the Key Info page. Note: The fields ‘Is Area Director Group?’, ‘AD’, ‘Is Report Groups?’, and ‘Full Name’ are used mainly for custom reporting purposes. However, the Opportunity Identifier report will display the entered 2 digit ‘AD’ value
- Copy Members From - Select a location group from which all associated locations will be assigned to the new location group
- SAVE/CANCEL - Select SAVE to create the new location group or CANCEL to close the “New Location Group” window without saving
The Location Groups Table
- Edit - Selecting a pencil icon will allow you to edit a location group’s information. For more information on the fields that can be edited, see the Creating a New Location Group section above
- Locations - Selecting a green arrow icon, the Locations table on the right side of the page will populate with currently assigned locations and available locations
- Assign - To assign locations to a location group, select one or more locations from the “Available” column. (Select multiple locations by holding down the Ctrl key on the keyboard while making your selections.) Next, select the icon to add the location(s) to the “Assigned” column
- Remove - To remove locations from a location group, select a location under the “Assigned” section and select the icon. This will move the location to the “Available” column
- DONE - Select DONE at the bottom of the Locations table to save any location assignments made to a location group
- ALPHABETIZE PRIMARY GROUPS - Selecting ALPHABETIZE PRIMARY GROUPS will cause all primary location groups to be sorted alphabetically
- ALPHABETIZE ALL GROUPS - Selecting ALPHABETIZE ALL GROUPS will sort all location groups alphabetically
- ORDER PRIMARY LGS BY LOCATION ID - Selecting ORDER PRIMARY LGs BY LOCATION ID will cause all primary location groups to be sorted by their Location ID’s