The Control Groups page allows you to view, edit, and create control groups. A control group is a collection of locations used for comparative analysis throughout the Benchmarking module. The locations associated with a control group will remain anonymous to regular users; they will only know the total number of locations in a control group.
The manner in which you set up and group the locations within a control group is completely up to you. For example, you may want to compare locations based on an eight-week rolling Net Sales average, or you may want to build a control group based on guest counts.
- ALPHABETIZE ALL GROUPS: Select ALPHABETIZE ALL GROUPS to sort the control groups alphabetically
- Name Contains: If you only know part of a control group name, you can enter it into this field
- Select SHOW to view all control groups that match the entered information
Creating a New Control Group
To create a new control group, select NEW CONTROL GROUP at the top left corner of the page. After the selection has been made, the “New Control Group” window will appear.
- Name - Enter the desired name of the new control group into this text field
- Description - Enter a description for the new control group
- Sort Order - The number entered in this field will represent the order in which the control group is sorted in the Control Groups table
- SAVE/CANCEL - Select SAVE to save the control group or CANCEL to return to the main Control Groups page without saving
The Control Groups Table
The Control Groups table displays the following information: Control Group name, Sort Order, Description, Primary CG for Locations, and Members.
- Primary CG for Locations - This column displays all locations that have the corresponding control group selected as their primary control group. This can be set up on the Locations page in the ‘Primary Control Group’ drop-down field. This designation determines the default control group to which a location is compared
- Edit - Selecting the pencil icon will allow you to edit a control group’s name, sort order, and description. Be sure to select UPDATE to commit any changes
Assigning or Removing a Location
To assign a location to a control group or remove a location from a control group, select the green arrow icon. Upon selection, the Locations table will be available for editing.
- Assigning location(s) to a control group - To assign a location to a control group, select the desired location (or multiple locations by holding CTRL) in the “Available” section. Next, select the icon to move the location(s) to the “Currently Assigned” section
- Removing locations from a control group - To remove a location from a control group, select the desired location (or multiple locations by holding CTRL) in the “Currently Assigned” section. Next, select the icon to move the location(s) to the “Available” section
Viewing Your Control Group Data Through the Dashboard Module
RADAR has over 20 dashboard widgets for viewing control group data. All control group widgets will show information for the selected location’s Primary Control Group and the total number of locations in that group. For more information on setting up a dashboard, see the Dashboard page.
Default Control Group: All control group widgets have this option under ‘Advanced Configuration’. This drop-down field can be used to set the widget to only display data for a certain control group. Alternatively, you can select “Location Primary Control Group” in order for the widget to dynamically show data for the selected location’s Primary Control Group.