The Company Preferences page allows site administrators to view and partially edit various global settings for the company’s database. Note that only parts of the “Company Info” section and the “Set Company Logo” section can be edited. To save any changes you make on this page, be sure to select SAVE ALL at the bottom of the page.
The “Company Info” section allows you to enter or edit the following information: Address, City, State, ZIP Code, Phone Number, Fax Number, Primary Contact Name, Primary Contact Email, Email Domain, and Site Format.
Calculated Cash OS Calculation
While you do not have direct access to change the settings in the “Calculated Cash OS Calculation” section, this section is comprised of the following seven settings that are used to calculate your cash over/short amount:
- Include CC Tips
- Include Autogratuity
- Include Tip Reduction
- Include Refunds
- Include Paid Outs
- Include Service Charges
- Include Deposit Discrepancies
- Sales Type Definitions
While you do not have direct access to change the settings in the “Sales Type Definitions” section, it is important to note that changes made here are immediate and retroactive across all time.
The Company Preferences section displays various global settings for your company. While you cannot edit the information in this section, you are able to see the manner in which each setting is configured. A brief description appears next to each setting.
The Company Preferences section contains the following settings:
- Report Descriptions - New users no longer get Report Descriptions always on
- Pay Period Type - How Pay Periods are defined
- First Day of Week - Define this company's first day of the work week here
- Guest Average - Sales type to use when calculating. Changes made here are immediate and will retro across all time
- Labor Percent | SPLH - Sales type to use when calculating. Changes made here are immediate and will retro across all time
- Entree Definition Method - We support defining entrees by sale department (every item in this sale department is an entree), by item (requires you to pick the individual items that are entrees), or setting it equal to guest count
- Visa/MasterCard Fee Percent - Used on the Cashflow report and custom reporting
- AMEX Fee Percent - Used on the Cashflow report and custom reporting. Use Average OT rate: When calculating OT, if a person works multiple jobs with different pay rates, calculate OT rate (generally 1.5 * base rate) versus *this shift's* rate or the average pay rate for this employee for this week?
- Labor Graph Starting Time - Graphs 24 hours starting with this time
- Minimum wage notifications (if calculating OT) - What should we do when we find employees below minimum wage at import time?
- Chart Start Time - Charts show 24 hours from this time
- Uses Approved Paid In/Out List (IRIS and Micros3700 only) - Setup an approved list of Paid In/Outs
- Ignore Location Group restrictions for auto created Company News - By default, integration based news is limited by the User's Primary Location Group, toggle Yes here to display the news regardless of the User's PLG
- Password Expiration Default - Default value to use when creating users
- Upload Finalized Numbers - For uploading a finalized gl backfeed
- Additional New Location Emails - An email will get sent to these email addresses when a new location is added to Ctuit
- Process (Lock) Payroll - Allows for the client to lock down the payroll during import routines
- Fiscal Year Type - How weeks are grouped into accounting periods
- Calendar Cycle Partial Week - Treatment of partial weeks when graphing/charting. The partial weeks at the start/end of the year create dips in the charts, do you want to Show these weeks, Hide them, or Extend them (this will grab part of the previous/next year to fill out the week)
- Check Average - Sales type to use when calculating. Changes made here are immediate and will retro across all time
- Entree Average - Sales type to use when calculating. Changes made here are immediate and will retro across all time
- Server Sales Discounts - Report Server Sales inclusive or exclusive of discounts? This setting will not retro beyond a couple of weeks in time (it will be active on next file import, and will go back ~21 days from that point)
- All Company Zip Code - For displaying weather information
- Discover Fee Percent - Used on the Cashflow report and custom reporting
- Diners Fee Percent - Used on the Cashflow report and custom reporting
- Company uses Super Groups - Some reports support these higher level groups
- Can Edit Employee Export ID - Unless we've configured something custom for this client at import time, there's no point setting this to something other than 'No', as their changes will be erased on next import
- Minimum wage ignore threshold - Wages less than this amount will not be affected by updates or notifications
- Default employee waiver status - If your state laws support waivable meal breaks, you can manage global waiver status for your employees with this setting
- Uses Menu Item Management - For monitoring menu items added during POS imports
- Enforce Password Level - Users are forced to have stronger passwords
- Key Info SDLY should use -364 - This setting only applies to Calendar cycle clients, companyID > 520
- Hide Generated Company News - Hides the scrolling news items generated by the system
- Show Project List - Shows the client's public tickets on the project list page