The Company News page allows you to view, edit, and create news message to be displayed on RADAR’S scrolling ticker (located in the green bar directly below the page name). Please note that active news messages will display for all users. There is no provision to designate which users can see a message.
- NEW COMPANY NEWS - To create a new news message, select NEW COMPANY NEWS. Upon selection, the “New Company News” window will appear
- Start/End Date - Select the date range during which you would like the message to display. You can do this by either typing the desired dates into the fields or by selecting the calendar icons and navigating to the desired days. A news message will automatically activate/deactivate on the selected start date/end date
- SAVE/CANCEL - Select SAVE to create the new company news message or CANCEL to cancel the creation of the message
- Edit - Selecting the pencil icon will allow you to edit a news message’s text as well as the start/end dates. Be sure to select UPDATE to commit your changes
- ACTIVATE - Select ACTIVATE to activate a news message. This will cause the news message to display in the ticker at the top of the page regardless of the entered date range. Upon selection, a confirmation window will appear where you can confirm or cancel the activation. Note: If a company news message has been activated, a newspaper icon will appear in the “Active?” column. Also note that it may take a few minutes for a newly activated news message to appear in the ticker. Alternatively, you can log off and log back in to refresh the ticker in order to activate the message immediately
- DEACTIVATE - Select DEACTIVATE to manually deactivate a news message. This will remove the news entry from the ticker at the top of the page. Upon selection, a confirmation window will appear where you can confirm or cancel the deactivation. Deactivating a news entry will also remove the newspaper icon from the “Active?” column
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why are there news items displaying in the ticker that are not represented on the Company News table?
A: The scrolling ticker is fed by the following three sources:
- The Company News page
- News items calculated at the time of import, like the “X days without Overtime” news items
- A master table that will globally carry news for all RADAR users