The Forecast Setup page allows you to add new forecast metrics or edit existing forecast metrics. Additionally, you can archive forecast metrics that have data or delete forecast metrics that have no data.
- SHOW - Select whether to view active, archived, or all forecast metrics. Note: This drop-down field will only appear for super admins
- NEW FORECAST METRIC - To create a new forecast metric, select NEW FORECAST METRIC. Upon selection, the “New Forecast Metric” window will appear:
- Name - Enter a unique name for the new forecast metric
- Metric - Select a metric from the drop-down list
- Secondary Identifier - The secondary identifiers available for selection will change depending on the metric you select. For example, if the metric you select is ‘Labor Hours by Work Center’, then the secondary identifier you will need to select is the Work Center
- Add Another? - Select this option if you intend to immediately add another new forecast metric
- SAVE/CANCEL - Select SAVE to create the new forecast metric or CANCEL to return to the main Forecast Setup page without saving the new metric
The Forecast Metrics Table
The Forecast Metrics table includes the following information for each forecast metric: Forecast Name, Metric, Sort Order, Secondary ID, Daypart, Revenue Center, and whether or not the metric has data. Note: Only super admins may edit, delete, deactivate, and/or restore a simple forecast metric.
To edit a forecast metric, select the pencil icon next to the metric. Make any necessary changes and select UPDATE. Note: Not all fields are editable for each forecast metric. The editable fields are determined by the metric. Also, you will not be able to edit a forecast metric if the metric has data.
To delete a forecast metric, select the red x icon next to the metric. A confirmation window will appear when you select this icon. Note: You will not be able to delete or edit any forecast metric that has data.
To archive a forecast metric, select the red x icon for a metric that has data (“Yes” will be displayed in the “Has Data” column”). Upon selection, a confirmation window will appear where you can confirm or cancel the archive. If you confirm the archive by selecting OK, the Forecast Metric table will be changed to only display archived metrics.
To restore an archived metric, select the restore icon. Upon selection, a confirmation window will appear where you can confirm or cancel the restore.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What happens if you have an active Net Sales forecast and an older Net Sales forecast is restored? Are both Net Sales forecasts in play?
A: Yes, both Net Sales forecasts would be in play in this scenario.