The Inventory Sessions page is the base page of the Inventory module. This page allows you to view; create; and post, un-post, and repost Inventory Sessions.
Search for an Inventory Session
The Inventory Sessions listing collects Inventory sessions as they pertain to your search and filter criteria. Filter the listing using the options in the gray area:
- Location Group: Select the location or location group for which to view inventory sessions.
- Start/End Date: Narrow the search results by the date the inventory session was created by selecting a start and end date. You can either type the desired date into the fields or select the calendar icon and navigating to the desired day. The current week will be selected by default.
- Inventory Cycle: Select an inventory cycle for which to view inventory sessions. For more information on setting up an inventory cycle or creating additional inventory cycles, see the Inventory Cycles page.
- Status: Filter by inventory session status (All, Open, or Posted).
- Show: Select whether to view active, deactivated, or all inventory sessions. “Active” is selected by default. Note: This drop-down will be hidden for users without the “Restore Inventory Session” user permission.
- Alerts: Filter by inventory session alert status (All, Only, or None).
- SHOW: Select SHOW to display all inventory sessions that match your search criteria.
Inventory Session Table
The Inventory Session table displays the following information for each inventory session: Alerts, Locked or Unlocked session, whether or not the session is considered starting inventory, Status, Location, Inventory Session Number, Date Created, Date Posted, Inventory Cycle, Date Entered, Modified By, and Notes.
A number of actions can be performed for an inventory session using the Inventory Session table.
Utilize the check-boxes in the left-most column to select an inventory session. The top-most box will select all sessions.
- Alert: The header of this column is simply the bell icon. If an alert is associated with an inventory session, the bell icon will appear in this column. If you hover over an icon in this column, a tooltip will display detailed information about the inventory session alert.
- ‘Alarm Clock’: This icon indicates that the inventory session has been tagged as “Starting Inventory”. See Inventory Session Details for more information.
- Locked/Unlocked: The header of this column simply the padlock icon. The padlock icon will appear in this column if an inventory session has been locked. A locked session can only be accessed by users with permissions to do so.
- ‘Alarm Clock’: This icon indicates that the inventory session has been tagged as “Starting Inventory”.
- Status: The status of an inventory session is displayed in this column. The status will be represented by one of two icons:
- ‘Paper and Pin’: This icon indicates that the inventory session has been posted
- ‘Empty Box’: This icon indicates that the inventory session has not been posted.
- Number: If you select an Inventory Session Number, you will be automatically navigated to the relevant session's Inventory Session Details page.
- Edit: If you select the pencil icon, you will be automatically navigated to the Inventory Session Details page where you can immediately begin editing the inventory session.
- Deactivate: You may deactivate an inventory session by selecting the red x icon. Upon selection, a confirmation window will appear where you may confirm or cancel the deactivation.
- POST: Select POST to post an inventory session. Note: Any information contained in an inventory session will not be reflected in other areas of RADAR until the inventory session is posted.
- Inventory Posting Certification: If the “Inventory Session Post Message Text” setting is enabled, the user who selects POST must enter their name in to the “Inventory Posting Certification” pop-up window and select SAVE in order to post the inventory session. For more information on this setting, see the Inventory Settings page.
- UN-POST: Select UN-POST to un-post an inventory session.
- REPOST: If you need to make changes to an inventory session that has already been posted, be sure to select REPOST in order for RADAR to capture your changes. If the “Inventory Session Post Message Text” setting is enabled, the “Inventory Posting Certification” window will be displayed.
- POST CHECKED: To simultaneously post multiple inventory sessions, select the check box in the far left column of the table for the desired sessions and select POST CHECKED. This will automatically navigate you to the “Posting Inventory Sessions” window where you will be able to see if your inventory sessions were posted. The green check mark icon will indicate that the sessions successfully posted, while the red x icon will indicate that an error has occurred. If an error occurs, a message explaining the error will appear. Select CLOSE to return to the main Inventory Sessions page.
- UN-POST CHECKED: Alternatively, if you would like to un-post multiple inventory sessions, select the check box in the far left column of the table for the desired sessions and select UN-POST CHECKED.
- Restore: If an inventory session has been deactivated, any user with the “Restore Inventory Session” user permission can restore a session by selecting the restore icon in the “Deactivate” column. Note: In order to view archived inventory sessions, “All” or “Deactivated” must be selected from the ‘Show’ drop-down.
- TAKING: Select TAKING to open and print the Inventory Taking Sheet report.
- CERT: Select CERT to open and print the Inventory Certification Sheet report.
- REVIEW: Select REVIEW to open and print the Inventory Session Review report.
- Reports: Select the paper icon to display a small window with links to relevant reports.
Creating a New Inventory Session
To create a new inventory session, select NEW INVENTORY SESSION. After selection, a new window will appear, “New Inventory Session”, where you can enter the following information:
- Starting Inventory?: Select whether or not the inventory session is your starting inventory. Note: For each cycle, every location must have a starting inventory so that it compares the quantity of inventory items against the values in each subsequent inventory session.
- Location: Select the location for which you would like to create a new inventory session.
- Inventory Cycle: Select the inventory cycle for which the new inventory session will be associated with.
- Inventory Date: Enter the inventory date by either typing the desired date into the field or by selecting the calendar icon and navigating to the desired day. By default the prior day will be selected.
- Notes: Enter any pertinent notes that you would like to appear with the new inventory session.
- Add Another?: If this option is selected when you select SAVE, you will be able to quickly create another inventory session without having to reselect NEW INVENTORY SESSION.
- SAVE: Select SAVE to create the inventory session and be automatically navigated to the Inventory Session Details page.
- CANCEL: Select CANCEL to negate the creation of the new inventory session and be automatically returned to the main Inventory Sessions page.
- If you select the check box at the top left corner of the Inventory Sessions table, all inventory sessions will automatically be selected. This is useful when posting multiple inventory sessions.
- You can re-sort the data table by clicking on any of the underlined column headers. Click once to sort in ascending order. Click again to sort in descending order.