The Safe Counts page allows you to enter safe count information for a specific Location. The automatic calculations on this page make cash accountability simple, reliable, and less vulnerable to User error. You can also add safe count notes for a specific weekday and print a report of your safe count information directly from this page.
- Note: The 'Number of times you count your safe per day' setting allows you to enter up to 3 counts per day.
- Location: Select the Location for which to view, edit, or enter safe count information.
- Week: Select the week for which to view, edit, or enter safe count information.
- Note: You cannot enter safe count information for future days.
- Daily Safe Count: Select the safe count iteration for which you would like to view, edit, or enter safe count information. Additionally, you may select 'All' to view all entered safe counts per day.
- Note: The number of times you may enter safe counts per day is dependent upon the option selected in the 'Number of times you count your safe per day' setting.
Entering Safe Counts and Safe Count Notes
Enter safe count values into the non-shaded cells for the appropriate weekday. Note that you may use the tab key on your keyboard for easier movability and faster value entries.
- Note: Enter the total value of each bill/coin denomination, not the quantity. For example, instead of entering '5' for five $5 bills, enter '25'.
Once the data is entered, important information is automatically calculated and will populate the shaded cells. These values include:
- Theoretical Safe Count
- Total Currency
- Total Coin
- Actual 1st Safe Count (or 2nd or 3rd depending upon the option selected in the 'Daily Safe Count' field)
- Safe Over/Short
- Calculated O/S
- Posted O/S
- Note: Calculated O/S is driven by a section in your Company Preferences called 'Calculated OS Calculation'. Posted O/S will not be calculated if you are not utilizing the GL Sales module. Posted O/S is calculated as the value needed to balance the debits and credits for a day, as shown on the Sales Journal page in the GL Sales module.
Safe Count Notes: If you have any special notes that are pertinent to a safe count on a particular day of the week, you can enter the note into the Safe Count Notes table for the appropriate day. The 'Last Modified by' column will display the User who made the most recent note for the corresponding workday.
Select one of the Safe Count's actions:
- Save: Select SAVE to save your safe count values and safe count notes. This will display the User who made the most recent note for the corresponding weekday.
- Save & View: Select SAVE & VIEW to save your safe count values and safe count notes. Additionally, a new window will automatically open that displays the Safe Counts report, a printer-friendly version of the information saved on the Safe Counts page.
- Clear Cells: Selecting CLEAR CELLS will clear out all information on the page.